Renting Mineral Wells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Renting Mineral Wells

Late January sounds good to me! Thanks for putting this together Brian.
    McCall

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
      Ya, late January sounds good.

Talk to Madarash about coming out too. Free is he brings his timers. =)
      Maderash does not own a set of timers. I asked him last weekend. He has a set of SCALES. Timers, not so much.
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Andy Hollis has timers I know for sure. He might be in to test and tune also. Just a thought.
        '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

We are reserved on the 28th of January 2006. We'll call it my birfday party. hehe. Bring your 'A' game BOOOYEEEZZZZ.
          Brian Hanchey
          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Saturday... Hmmmm... have to make sure I have Friday off so I can get up there.

Comment

Start time?
              Cones?
              Making a loop course or a standard ax course?

Do you want me to bring up my golf cart + trailer? The small aluminum trailer holds a few hundred cones pretty easy and the golf cart beats the h3ll out of walking around and carrying cones to setup. Those things get heavy.

Costas

Comment

Hmm, the rental fee comes with cones, but I don't know how many. Up to you if you want to drag that stuff up here.
                Brian Hanchey
                AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Err...
                  I don't have cones.....

I'll probably trailer the car I bring and I usually take the golfcart and the golf cart trailer with me (along with tires, Nick's tires, tools, etc) so bringing them is no problem. Beats the heck outta walking to setup courses. Up to ya'll tho.

+++++++++++++++++++++++
                  Start time?
                  Cones?
                  Making a loop course or a standard ax course?
                  +++++++++++++++++++++++

Costas

Comment

Would anyone object to setting up one or both of the Nationals courses from last year? They're in one of the older SportsCar issues and would offer a pretty realistic view of a nationals-type course rather than a WFO, marque club type course...
                    Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by C3
                      Would anyone object to setting up one or both of the Nationals courses from last year? They're in one of the older SportsCar issues and would offer a pretty realistic view of a nationals-type course rather than a WFO, marque club type course...
                      That's an awesome idea! I vote for that.
                      -Sean Martin
                      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by C3
                        Brilliant!
                        McCall

Comment

How about we set up some sections in the morning then setup a Nationals style event in the afternoon by connecting the sections? I need to get my car working again in various types of corners, plus that way there's virtually no wait. Go do the slalom for a while, then do the increasing radius, etc. The BMW Pwns you transition section.

I'd like to maybe set up a shortened Nationals course. Those things are big and have too many cones, which we probably won't have, plus set up would take forever.

9AM?
                          we have cones
                          autox sections in the morning, then put it together in the afternoon.
                          Brian Hanchey
                          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

7am setup. I would look at a roger johnson course from houston as it should be smaller and of the right design.

I think we can setup a skid pad, a slolom and a course all at the same time.
                            '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                            - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
                              7am setup. I would look at a roger johnson course from houston as it should be smaller and of the right design.

I think we can setup a skid pad, a slolom and a course all at the same time.
                              OK, Paul is going to get there at 7 and setup, everyone else can be there at 9. The whole point of doing this was not to get up at 5AM and drive 120 miles to Mineral Wells, Paul. We have all day to play, plus it could be cold this day anyway. I'm not getting there at 7 to freeze my butt off. At least let the sun be out for a while. I'll probably be there by 8 I'm guessing.

We will have:
                              -a weigh station, probably not leveled perfectly
                              -a skid pad with Cody's new pyrometer available (I'm offering up someone else's stuff )
                              -a slalom
                              -a small course with a couple of combinations
                              -increasing/decreasing radius oval course?

Atlanta used to do all that in the Turner Field lot and it worked really well.
                              Once we get tired of this we'll set up a bigger autox course, Nationals style. I'm guessing South course is appropriate since we'll never have a lot as spread out as North anymore. Also, we can look at previous Nationals and choose a good course. Why only limit it to Roger Johnson courses? Andy has done some good ones too. I vote for not going past the hooptie pavement change and staying on half of the site. We're going to be a small group and the west half is the cleanest and closest to the pits.

If we have several areas to practice, there will hardly be a line anywhere. Also, remember, we're all going to be switching cars, at least mine's open to all drivers. Why limit it to one course and a slalom ALL day? Course should be flowing and have no straight aways....
                              Brian Hanchey
                              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
                                and have no straight aways....
                                Ah man, straight aways are what I do best! j/k

I like the idea of doing a change up part of the way through the day. I also like the idea of breaking a National's course down into sections, allowing us to work on certain parts before we bring it all together later in the day.
                                McCall

Comment

Working...
                                X