Renting Mineral Wells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Renting Mineral Wells

Hankichimee will never go for that. His virgin ears cringe at the slightest hint of Fuuuuuuuudddddddddddgggggggggeeeeeeeeeeee (only, I didn't say that - Christmas Story)

Comment

I LOVE that movie...
      2001 Jeep Wrangler
      2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
      Front LCA Bushing Swap
      E36 Custom Cat Back
      M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
      Diff Swap

Comment

Ouch! How in the hell can you screw up that bad. There are so many options to slow down, ebrake, downshift, turn, slide...

<deleted unkind comment>
        Last edited by Paul; 02-09-2006, 09:40 AM.
        '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
          Ouch! How in the hell can you screw up that bad. There are so many options to slow down, ebrake, downshift, turn, slide...

Idiot.
          His 'breaks' went away along with any skillz he was probably never taught during driver orientation, DE or even auto-x events.

#1 reason I won't instruct at DEs. Too many instances of too much car, too little skill (knowledge, seat-time, whatever).

I wouldn't say this is 100% his fault. Who was in charge of the event? Did they know the skill level of thier drivers? Did they have instructors? Did they clear people for solo runs?
          Last edited by John in Houston; 02-09-2006, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
            His 'breaks' went away along with any skillz he was probably never taught during driver orientation, DE or even auto-x events.

#1 reason I won't instruct at DEs. Too many instances of too much car, too little skill (knowledge, seat-time, whatever).
            What I don't get is, how can there be track events every weekend around the country where people drive 20 minutes around a real track, yet you can "lose brakes" at Mineral Wells? Especially an Evo with Brembos. I guess they had too many hard braking sections.

Road Atlanta was fun. You get up to 125-130 on the back straight then brake hard for the chicane. At the end of 20 minutes my rotors were a little warped but still worked, pull into the paddock and they'd be cooled off and not warped.
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
              I asked Jeremy Foley to ask them to take that thread down. Not everyone will agree, but we're getting quite an amazing site out there and some will argue "free speech, we need to know these things, blah blah blah."

I don't want to see Bob have to start requiring insurance and/or jacking up the price. He told me he's been renting it for 22 years without a major incident. In some people's eyes, one incident will be one too many and threads like this can ruin a great thing.
              Looks like it is locked...I already had a membership there and I can't access it as a member (or find it)

So that's good perhaps...
              Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
              Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Working...
              X