Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Renting Mineral Wells

Originally posted by John in Houston
    anyone going to have an air-compressor? Mine just died.
    Sure don't. I might have an air tank to bring, but no compressor....

T
    2001 Jeep Wrangler
    2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
    Front LCA Bushing Swap
    E36 Custom Cat Back
    M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
    Diff Swap

Comment

I have a small compressor which I will be bringing.
      '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
      - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Well we just picked up the Crazy German's rental moblie. I can't believe it but we scored a non-turbo Evo!! Fe4r the German!!!!
        McCall

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
          Well we just picked up the Crazy German's rental moblie. I can't believe it but we scored a non-turbo Evo!! Fe4r the German!!!!
          You mean you got a rental Mitsubishi Mirage ??? (err, rebadged with "Lancer")
          Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
          Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

no we got this EVO , but i figured out that it would have tractionsproblem in the rain , so i took the turbo out.
            IT helped the gas mileage too....

Comment

The event was a success!

The weather was bad on the morning drive over (which scared away more than a few "fair weather racers"), but the rain had completely stopped by 9:40 am and dried by noon. The rest of the day was sunny and a comfortable 70 degrees. We had FUN in the morning wet nonetheless, with all of the "element" courses (3) and the main timed course a' slippin and slidin.

When it dried out the timed course stayed hot all day - never a dead minute. Our original tear down time of 4 pm ran over a bit - more like 5:30 before we were done. It was SO much fun. There was a LOT of car swapping going on and we all learned a ton of things about each other's cars and driving styles...

Hanchey's friend with the mega digital camera took some awesome pics. Professional looking and huge x huge. They will be uploaded and available soon. Great stuff for the website!

DL1 data (from 5 cars) and all run times to be posted and analyzed soon. Stay tuned. The rain kind of delayed the use of the scales, which was a bummer, but with but 5 hours of dry runs we were all busily driving the timed course as many times as possible.

Dinner at the Hancheys afterwards was GOOD and busier than the event, with lots of barbecue and fixins, beer, soft drinks, and a cake to sort of celebrate B. Hanchey's and B. Howard's birthdays.

Yes, we're going to have to do another event soon. The format & schedule will change a bit based on experiences learned from this event, as will PRE-registration. We need to make some timers like Andy's - so simple yet so very effective. The flying lap timers worked incredibly well for a practice day.
              Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
              2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
              EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

I'm going to start crunching the data soon. What we know so far:

-STI's long. acceleration is 0.8g
                -M3 is .5g
                -325is is .3g?

Lat. grip:
                STI: .94g
                M3: 1.04g
                325is: 1.06g? I don't remember Tommy's exactly, but that car is hooked up!
                Brian Hanchey
                AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Things I know so far:

1) I *really* need new rear tires now
                  2) 17x9.5" CCWs look GOOD on an E36 M3
                  3) Forget STIs, Evos, and RX8s - I want a FRC/Z06 Corvette BAD
                  4) A stock M3 on crappy street tires with Konis on full soft, unknown tire pressures, 3/4 tank of gas, and the spare in the trunk is still an entertaining drive when combined with judicious amounts of trail braking

Thanks to the Vorshlag bunch for putting on great driving and social events. The course was short but really rewarded being early and looking around corners - two things I always need help with. We really need to do this more often! Can't wait to see the times and pictures.
                  Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Great event, guys! Thanks for hosting it! I didn't know it was the Brians' birthdays on Sat, though! Happy belated!

How about we start a new "post mortem" thread on the event to discuss it?

T
                    2001 Jeep Wrangler
                    2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                    Front LCA Bushing Swap
                    E36 Custom Cat Back
                    M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
                    Diff Swap

Comment

Originally posted by C3
                      Things I know so far:

1) I *really* need new rear tires now
                      2) 17x9.5" CCWs look GOOD on an E36 M3
                      3) Forget STIs, Evos, and RX8s - I want a FRC/Z06 Corvette BAD
                      4) A stock M3 on crappy street tires with Konis on full soft, unknown tire pressures, 3/4 tank of gas, and the spare in the trunk is still an entertaining drive when combined with judicious amounts of trail braking

Thanks to the Vorshlag bunch for putting on great driving and social events. The course was short but really rewarded being early and looking around corners - two things I always need help with. We really need to do this more often! Can't wait to see the times and pictures.
                      2. I dunno, that power is NICE AND 4 doors. I like it.
                      3. Justin's not using his. He won't even drive it in the rain.
                      Brian Hanchey
                      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Old school style results....

http://www.vorshlag.com/tamscc/Pract...cticepage1.bmp

http://www.vorshlag.com/tamscc/Pract...cticePage2.bmp

http://www.vorshlag.com/tamscc/Pract...cticePage3.jpg
                        Brian Hanchey
                        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Great Event. I loved it.

I learned that a Non Turbo EVO with Automatic on Street tyres is nice to drive TO the race track but sucks really BAD to drive ON the track.

However I really enjoyed the event.

Enterprise needs to get the car fixed , so I can attend the next event.

I know it is a HUGE amount of work you two invested in this event BUT I would love to have another test and tune event before the 26 th of March.
                          That would really rock.

Thanks again
                          Flo
                          GRRT- German Rental Racing Team

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
                            3. Justin's not using his. He won't even drive it in the rain.

Comment

www.vorshlag.com/tamscc/PracticeResults/sectortimes.jpg
                              www.vorshlag.com/tamscc/PracticeResults/jan1.pdf

OK, played with this tonight. Looks like Andy killed us in almost every sector.

Lap 20, Brian
                              lap 16, Paul
                              Lap 18, Tommy
                              Lap 19, Fair in my car

Sector 1-3 is the slalom, 4 is the u turn, 5 is the first pointer going into the transitions, 6-8 is back to the finish.

Terry was frustrated being off my times. Check out the last sectors (the transitions). I put .4 second on him! That's some sweet data. No more guessing where anyone is faster. Also, Terry was getting on the gas in Sector 4, I was just coasting, so he beat me there.

More to come, this was me reading "step 1" in the online help. This thing's very complicated!
                              Last edited by hancheyb; 01-30-2006, 12:18 AM.
                              Brian Hanchey
                              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Let's start a Practice Event Results and DL1 discussion thread... this one is too big!

We'll have the results/times reposted in viewer friendly, adobe format soon.
                                Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                                2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                                EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
                                X