• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Renting Mineral Wells

Timers?

Comment

I will bring my pyro and my DL1. By then I may have my triple pyro holder/input to the DL1 to take real-time tire temps along with the standard DL1 stuff. If I have it built by then I will be jonesing to test it.

I also have turn plates for adjusting toe.

Costas

Comment

Originally posted by Shortcutsleeping
        I will bring my pyro and my DL1. By then I may have my triple pyro holder/input to the DL1 to take real-time tire temps along with the standard DL1 stuff. If I have it built by then I will be jonesing to test it.

I also have turn plates for adjusting toe.

Costas
        What is a DL1? Is that a GPS data acquisition thingy?
        Last edited by hancheyb; 11-21-2005, 09:34 AM.
        Brian Hanchey
        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

It's a little race car that looks like the old Speed Zone roadrunners, I think. ;-P
          "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
          http://www.duckfest.net

Comment

DL1 info. Four pages, click links at bottom.

http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/ch39.htm

Yeah, DA system.

Costas

Comment

Sweetness. How do you like it? This is on my short list of Vorshlag tools needed. I saw a write up on traqmate in Sports Car. Anyone know about these things?
              Brian Hanchey
              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

I love the DL1. Have not got the video interface working yet, but as far as using it for track maps, comparing sector times, speeds, etc it is awesome.
                No complaints and I have barely scratched the surface on what it can do.
                I am looking forward to integrating more info into it, primarily tire temps.

Costas

Comment

Why did you pick that one over the traqmate? I d/l'd both software packages and the traqmate one seems a little easier to use, but I just played around 5 minutes in each.
                  Brian Hanchey
                  AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Read and emailed with some folks from the improved touring website, also spoke with several DA system dealers. Everyone who I spoke with that ran the DL90 (forerunner to DL1) said it was reliable as a rock and the dealer who I bought mine through had tested the DL1 and loved it. They also sold lots of other systems and have a very good replutation for honestly and service. The DL1 is all milspec and very sturdy. Good thing in a track car!

I'd love to compare the two side-by-side, but for me the DL1 is everything I could ask for.

Costas

Comment

Woohoo, the Timer Man cometh.

Sure, I'm in. Ann may or may not come. She doesn't like to practice or pretend she's serious.

Yeah, I have a timer. Its rather crotchety but it does work (kind of like Sipe!). Its the Evo system so it requires someone to enter something before each car goes out. And it can only handle one car on course at a time. But it can do segments, if you want to set up the course that way. Or laps (which is what I do for testing).

MW is big enough that you could set up a couple of courses. We can discuss more when it gets closer.

Thanks for the invite. Send a reminder after Xmas or I'll forget.

--Andy
                      Brian Hanchey
                      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

OK guys and gals. I'd like to start putting together a RSVP list for the practice. Emily and I are going to have a post event dinner/party at our house so we need a head count on food, etc. I'm guessing it will be around 7PM. I hope we finish at MW around 3-4, go home, clean up and come over to our house. PM me if you're coming to the event and then if you're coming to the party too. And let me know if you're bringing anyone to the event and/or party. I'll post a spreadsheet with the info I get. Again this is January 28th, 2006.

Also, we might have two DL-1s at the event! I would like to create a test case to run all of our cars with the DL-1 in a true experiment. I'm thinking each driver could run their car three laps then we'll move the DL-1 to another car. In the end we can see real data telling us exactly where each car is fast/slow. Hopefully Andy and Mark will want to participate too. Participation is optional, but I'd like everyone to consider it. It means you'd have some downtime, i.e. you might be waiting for your turn with the DL-1. We'd have to set up something where the cars have all cooled 5 minutes or something. Altho, in January, that may or may not be an issue. I/Paul will collect and post the data. Anyone can d/l the software and do their own comparisons if you like.
                        Brian Hanchey
                        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

I'll be attending the post party (plus 1 most likely) and a little downtime for a DL-1 is better than the downtime at a normal autocross.
                          -Sean Martin
                          2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

I will be at the Mineral Wells practice, but will be leaving afterwards for College Station.

Comment

I hope to make the practice and the party assuming I can find a place to crash for the night. Thanks for doing this, Brian!

Tommy
                              2001 Jeep Wrangler
                              2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                              Front LCA Bushing Swap
                              E36 Custom Cat Back
                              M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
                              Diff Swap

Comment

You can stay at Fair's inlaws!
                                Brian Hanchey