VoMo MW Practice August 25th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VoMo MW Practice August 25th

I'll be there, and Costas should be too.

Comment

Ok, I need new tires. Obviously the Bridgestone RE-01Rs is the way to go, shaved of course. I want to get these before the test N tune so I can set them up. I'm in STX and I have a max 8" wide wheel. The only question here is they are offste more for an E36 and they stick out toward the edge a little. I'm a little worried that going up from 225/45-17 that I have currently to 245/40-17 will rub. Any thoughts? I guess I could get camber plates up front to help with that. I'm more worrired about the front. 235/40-17 would be a nice compromise, but they are more expensive than 225 or 245 for some reason.

225/45-17 = $138
      235/40-17 = $186
      245/40-17 = $165

Thoughts?
      -Sean Martin
      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
        Ok, I need new tires. Obviously the Bridgestone RE-01Rs is the way to go, shaved of course. I want to get these before the test N tune so I can set them up. I'm in STX and I have a max 8" wide wheel. The only question here is they are offste more for an E36 and they stick out toward the edge a little. I'm a little worried that going up from 225/45-17 that I have currently to 245/40-17 will rub. Any thoughts? I guess I could get camber plates up front to help with that. I'm more worrired about the front. 235/40-17 would be a nice compromise, but they are more expensive than 225 or 245 for some reason.

225/45-17 = $138
        235/40-17 = $186
        245/40-17 = $165

Thoughts?
        Does STX allow more than a 225mm tire? I'm not sure but I thought that was the limit.....
        Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
        2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
        EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

STX = 245mm
          '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
          - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
            Does STX allow more than a 225mm tire? I'm not sure but I thought that was the limit.....
            From the 2007 rules "Rim restriction: maximum width of 8", diameter/offset unrestricted. Tire restriction: max width 245 mm."
            -Sean Martin
            2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

The 235/40-17 would likely be fastest. An 8" wheel isn't quite big enough for a 245, and the 235 also has the benefit of being a bit shorter.

Brian

Comment

I'll be there in my newly aquired Fstock ride thanks to Nick. Later,Tye

Comment

Originally posted by Hillbilly
                  I'll be there in my newly aquired Fstock ride thanks to Nick. Later,Tye
                  Huh? Nick did you sell the Camaro ? Are you buying Hunter's Z ?
                  Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
                  Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
                    Huh? Nick did you sell the Camaro ? Are you buying Hunter's Z ?
                    Yes. And no.

I'm buying Cody's STi.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick
                      Yes. And no.

I'm buying Cody's STi.
                      What?? I have nothing to do with any of this.
                      Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

I will not be in attendance as airfare is super-crack from Denver. Cheapest I found was $285 rt with crap hours.

My 'free' continental tickets would have routed me to Houston then dallas... making a 2 hour flight into a 5+ hour whoreventure.

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
                          I will not be in attendance as airfare is super-crack from Denver. Cheapest I found was $285 rt with crap hours.

My 'free' continental tickets would have routed me to Houston then dallas... making a 2 hour flight into a 5+ hour whoreventure.
                          Welcome to Colorado. Flying into DIA isn't cheap. Checked into flights from Colorado Springs?
                          -Sean Martin
                          2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by C3
                            What?? I have nothing to do with any of this.
                            No STi for me, I just like giving Cody a difficult time

Sold the Camaro. Working on acquiring something new and different down the road. At the moment, I'm working on co-driving Costas' B4C from now until (and including) Nats.

Comment

WHAT????

First I'VE heard of it.....

hmmmm.....

Costas

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
                                Welcome to Colorado. Flying into DIA isn't cheap. Checked into flights from Colorado Springs?
                                Yeah... It's mainly the fly out Friday back Sunday morning that is killing me. Flying out Saturday drops it to under $200... but then I miss the practice.

Oh well... I'll just hit up an extra event here

Comment

Working...
                                X