Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mineral Wells Pro Solo May 20/21

Originally posted by John in Houston
    I see Teucci's car was there with Paul driving it. Did ya'll go up and talk to him. He's a pretty nice guy.
    I did! In fact I just talked to him earlier today. It blewed up on the 1-2 shift at the start. He thought it was a con-rod, I disagreed. He called back and said the tranny broke. I thought it was the clutch but that's even better! He said he's been tying Fauth lately, loves the car.
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
      He said he's been tying Fauth lately,...
      What is that? A new type of shifting procedure?
      Last edited by McCall; 05-23-2006, 06:02 PM.
      McCall

Comment

Paul Leonard, the guy that bought Teucci's DSP car has been tying David Fauth, National Champion in DSP. I talked to Paul for a while at the event this weekend. He called me today to talk about the car being broken.

BTW, is there a difference in a 325 and 328 manual transmission? Someone was trying to sell him a shifter and had to know what was in the car. I figured it was still a 325, but I didn't think they were different?
        Brian Hanchey
        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

I'm pretty sure they're different. IIRC, the the gear ratios are a bit different (2.52 vs. 2.49 for 2nd and similar differences in other gears)

Brian

Comment

BTW, is there a difference in a 325 and 328 manual transmission? Someone was trying to sell him a shifter and had to know what was in the car. I figured it was still a 325, but I didn't think they were different?
            The 325 and 328 came stock with different shifters. The big question... which tranny is in the car? Remember, the car was originally a 325 with a 2.8 liter motor dropped in.

I thought Teucci left the stock tranny in the car... which would make it a 2.5 tranny. I also think it is using a Z3 shifter (he was always busting my ass about buying a $$$ shifter when the Z3 worked fine).

Comment

Too much bmw-ness for my tastes so I'll add some data tech

There is a company that sells a program (less than 150 IIRC) that can take the DL1 data and marry it to your video with a small configurable dashboard across that bottom so you can have all your DL1 data displayed on a resulting mpeg.

I'm running the IT car this weekend and will have the incar vid and dl1 up and running. If all goes smooth and I get good captures from both (25 lap race) then I'll spring for the program and try it. I've seen examples of hpde's and roadracing with this solution and it is simply awesome. Once you have the output you could do an upper/lower split screen of two runs and really see wtf is going on and when. I see it as extremely useful for two driver cars.

I'll post more if I get good captures and it works...

Costas

Comment

Originally posted by Shortcutsleeping
                Too much bmw-ness for my tastes so I'll add some data tech
                Green is a good color on you

Comment

My pics: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/gallery/1484298

Can't wait to see the DL1 + video (Costas).

Waiting for video to dl... ahh, done. Watched it. Good stuff. Definitely more grip going on - you didn't barely lift for the first turn into the slalom! We had to brake HARD. Hanchey tried that move and nealry spun. 1.05 g was all we could manage. Ugh. You wallopped that last cone, otherwise it was a great run. I hit that same cone on my fastest raw time, too, but it was still 1 sec slower than yours.

Yokohama, here we come.
                  Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                  2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                  EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
                    Definitely more grip going on - you didn't barely lift for the first turn into the slalom! We had to brake HARD. Hanchey tried that move and nealry spun.
                    Do you mean the first turn, or actually going into the first slalom? The first turn, you're right, I just barely lifted. Into the slalom, I was braking quite a bit. That's my biggest complaint with the car -- the braking is not nearly as good as I believe it should be.

Brian

Comment

Big brake kit? New pads?
                      Brian Hanchey
                      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

I'll try pads first. The stock brakes should be more than sufficient.

Brian

Comment

Big brake kit?
                          Mr. Bling with the big brake kit

Comment

Originally posted by bfitz
                            I'll try pads first. The stock brakes should be more than sufficient.

Brian
                            I have been really happy with Hawk HP+ pads.
                            '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                            - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
                              I have been really happy with Hawk HP+ pads.
                              Agreed. I'm running the HP+ in the front and HPS in rear with Motul fluid. IMHO, taking out the weight factor, for autox all you need is a good set of pads and some good fluid.
                              McCall

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
                                for autox all you need is a good set of pads and some good fluid.
                                I think this is the key. Some of the Mineral Wells courses are not 'auto-x'.

Comment

Working...
                                X