Mineral Wells Pro Solo May 20/21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mineral Wells Pro Solo May 20/21

I just signed MeL and I up. Paul's the only other one of us STUers signed up. So who else is going?
    McCall

Comment

me!!!!!
      Brian Hanchey
      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
        Is XP formally recognized ??

If a bunch of Camaro's with 396's and 427's and turbos are entering XP, mebbe I got a chance ?
        Yep, XP got recognition the first year (so did GP) but at least XP had a class to spawn from - AP. AP became XP but also got a bunch of well deserved rules changes and allowances that other Prepared classes didn't. It's essentially EMOD with higher weights.

Looks like a neat class. Cross-marquee motor swaps are allowed.
        Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
        2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
        EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Check out the site picture. Looks like it will be pretty darn big:

McCall

Comment

I know where I'm pitting!
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Wow the course goes right by the fence! Watch out, Paul!!
              Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Well, it's Sunday night nearly 8pm....No official results from SCCA and nobody is offering up wtf happened. I've been working all weekend to get the IT Monza ready for TWS next weekend, but still wonder how it went...

STORIES????!?!?!??!?!??!???!??!??!??!??!???!?????? !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Costas

Comment

Here's the story. You threw away an automatic win.

We're all exhausted. The timers were broken almost as much as they worked. A beating when you're working course. 30 minutes down more than twice I think. Course was really awesome. Need new tires....
                  Brian Hanchey
                  AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Gerry Terranova made a nice and simple course, best Pro layout I have seen, with 2 slaloms per side. Kinda wish it would have had a few more challenging elements, but there's only so much you can do in 30 seconds. Long, uphill start straights made for some good (or bad) drag racing.

Surprise, surprise, the lone Subaru took 1 & 2 in STU. It went back and forth between them (even after their last runs), but I think Paul finished ahead of Jeremy. Congrats guys.

Sipe was "riddin' dirty" all weekend ("Hey guys! I'm 2 seconds ahead!" "But Mark, don't you have 3 cones, a redlight and a DNF on that run?") and I think he finished .1 sec ahead of Hanchey, who finished about .1 sec ahead of me. Somehow that stinkin RX8 out launched us to 60 feet?? Our grouping of 3 was about .6-7 sec back from Team SubieSubieSubie. Following in STU was Jason "sticker" Toons (M3) and then Jason "king of the .490 redlight" McCall.

The uphill, e-brake launch was challenging. Once again, losing a documented and very visible 0.7 sec in the first 60 feet is a little discouraging, and the starting straight was much longer than that. Good bye ProSolo - bring me some Solo2!

STU finished behind STX so we all shoulda been faster, I guess. FStock was slim pickins, with but 2 cars, and that pimp Youngers in the LOUD M5 just eeking out Chad in the F-body. Did he de-mod that thing back to legality?

Ladies L1 class was brutal, with 3-4 national champions in the 7 car field, and I think Amy and Mel brought up the back of the pack. Amy was "riddin' dirty" as well, but pulled out a couple of good runs at the end, just .1 sec behind Hanchey and I on one side. She will finish out the season in the M3, as she likes the added power over the rotary.

Overall event turn-out was dismal - there shoulda have been a LOT more Texas people in attendance. Shame, shame. The weather was warm but we had a breeze all weekend. It only got unbearably hot on Sunday afternoon, when we all foolishly volunteered to stay late and work during the Challenges. The National Office's timers, like in Walnut Ridge, were very flaky all weekend but especially in the hotter parts of the day - just when workers are dying the most. We had several 30-45 minute delays and one unscheduled "uhh.... lets do lunch!" break due to timers. The Challenges ran 2-3 times longer than they should have (lots of stops and re-runs), with the trophy ceremony a good 1-2 hours later than scheduled.

The MC Challenge went well, with 5 entries in but 5 days of notice. We met the guys that ran and they were more than happy to run for the little $100 Vorshlag sponsored purse, as well as a free Pro entry and membership on the line. We'll have to try that again - if Texas ever gets another Pro. Doubtful, with the turnout so pitifully low.

All in all, I think we all still had fun. Not as much fun as a Tour, with the lack of banquet and such, but still fun. Asleep by 9pm last night and I'm still dead tired... We'll all post our pictures soon.

Comment

Terry pretty much summed it up. Very fun course, but those timer problems were terrible. We were done with the event at about 12:30 on Sunday and had the MC challenge, Ladies Challenge, Bonus Challenge and the Super CHallenge left. That should have taken about 90 minutes. Paul went first in the Super challenge at around 1:30 or so and I was supposed to have 5 minutes to get ready. I didn't run until 3:45!!! I have never seen such a mess (even at Ennis).

I didn't even take any pics, but here are the pics that were on the CD that I got.
                      http://instigator.smugmug.com/gallery/1480253

Tell me how I didn't hit that cone!!

Comment

I had fun too. I was really happy with how the car was handling, but we need some more grip. I just don't see any way to improve our times otherwise. Well, less weight too. I was stepping on cone bases and STILL .7s+ behind the Subie. I don't *think* the car had much left, but what do I know.
                        Brian Hanchey
                        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Big congrats to Paul and Jerermy for whipping us in STU. Watching that launch just proves it futile to run the RX8 in any more Pro's.

I *think* I pushed the car for what it was worth and still was about a half second off the M3's pace but I know I need to work on my driving some more. Practice anyone?? To make matters worse I was "ridding dirty" on the left (no clean times at all) all weekend so I was WAY behind everyone. Oh well, bring on a divisional and regular Solo2 action.
                          McCall

Comment

And a big "thanks" to everyone for putting Vorshlag as your sponsor. It made me proud to see our name on there even if we didn't win.

On another note. I went and talked to Mitch Beranek (M3 LTW in BSP). I told him I was in Colorado when the Tour there was. He said, hey you want to run the Lightweight? UH.......HELL YA!! He wants stickers too. Bob was running that car this weekend and was faster than the XP Corvette. BTW, he was hitting cones on purpose to let Mitch get more points so his raw times are legit. It was so funny listening to everyone, "oh, geez, the bad luck Bob has!" haha.
                            Brian Hanchey
                            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

results

http://www.scca.com/Event/Result.asp?Ref2=274
                              '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                              - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Revised...
                                • STU did indeed get beat by STX (oh, the horror!)
                                • Paul and Jeremy put 1 second on Sipe
                                • Sipe had .1 sec on Hanchey
                                • Hanchey had .2 sec on me
                                • Amy was .01 sec behind the next fastest lady in L2

Comment

Working...
                                X