No announcement yet.

SW Divisional #3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to get the story straight when it changes so often. My bad!
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
      "Thanks so much" for pointing out the fact that we had fabricated a new strut bar to the majority of the STU class at the Divisional. We heard that conversation, and it was "so helpful".

Ever without blame, Paul "perfect" Magyar...
      You didn't hear that conversation because you weren't there. I was asked directly about it the x-brace and I didn't lie.
      '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
      - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
        Henry Lin and Ben Castillo!
        If I remember correctly, Ben is the one that protested the X-brace at Arkansas... so he is well versed in checking for it

Comment

Results? STU? STX? BSP?

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
            Results? STU? STX? BSP?
            http://www.axwaresystems.com/swdiv3_...h_div3_fin.htm
            -Sean Martin
            2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

If I remember correctly, Ben is the one that protested the X-brace at Arkansas... so he is well versed in checking for it
              Oh, that is just hilarious then. He is SO SLOW no matter what he's driving.
              Brian Hanchey
              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Results? STU? STX? BSP?
                I have a copy of the results... let me type them in (since the axware.com website link is currently down).

EDIT: well crap, soon as i poseted this the link is working again. I checked it like 20 times for 2 hours!

STU: 11 cars.

1st (T): Brian Hanchey, 171.760
                2nd (T): Terry Fair, 173.115
                3rd (T): Branden Burkhart, 173.644
                4th (T): Andy Hollis, 174.266
                5th : Tim Bergin, 175.258
                6th: Paul "Honest" Magyar, 176.724
                7th: Jason McCall, 177.592
                8th: Ben "drove 3 cars" Castillo, 179.441
                9th: Henry Lin, 180.041
                10th: Brianne Corn, 181.544
                11: Brandon Holmes, 195.194

STX: 5 cars (had some "moist" runs on day 2, their last 1 being fairly dry)

1st (T): Tommy Regan, 174.323
                2nd (T): Richard Windberg, 179.175
                3rd: Zach Barnes: 184.712
                4th: Andrew VenderPloeg, 186.792
                5th: Todd Milstead, dns 2nd day

No BSP as far as I know? oh, wait... Jim Kritzler's 1990 Corvette ran a 174.674, but they had some wet runs on day two.

PAX
                http://www.axwaresystems.com/swdiv3_...h_div3_pax.htm

Todd = 7th (CP), Frank = 10th (SS), Tommy = 11th (STX), Hanchey = 16th (STU), Stroh = 20th (CP), Fair = 21st (STU)

Out of 122 entrants
                Last edited by Fair!; 08-15-2005, 11:20 AM.
                Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Well, if you look at the results of each day it shows I made a big improvement as I learned how to drive an awd car.

Big thanks to Paul for letting me grab a co-drive. His car sure is fun to drive!

*EDIT -grammar/spelling
                  Last edited by McCall; 08-15-2005, 01:46 PM.
                  McCall

Comment

Trying to figure out the PAX thing. It showed me at top Touring PAX, but Tommy Pax'd better? I figured with his Sunday runs (in the wet), I'd be ahead anyway. Either way, Tommy totally kicked a$$. I hope he does well at Nationals! Just like GTR, he's always 2s ahead.
                    Brian Hanchey
                    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Are you sure it's top ST PAX and not just top ST raw time? I paxed quite well on day one (5th overall, I think), but due to the wet running on Sunday I fell back to 11th or so overall.

Oh, and thanks. I've actually now got a renewed interest in placing well at Nats......hopefully. BTW, John and Teucci, what do you think of this?

2001 Jeep Wrangler
                      2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                      Front LCA Bushing Swap
                      E36 Custom Cat Back
                      M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
                      Diff Swap

Comment

Pretty good pictures Tommy.

Corners 3 and 4 was our best view during Heat 3. It was funny on Day 1 watching McCall come in to our corner and McPlow! Fair, typical riding the back tires around all the corners. Paul, not McPlowing, but just needing to go a little quicker!! Hanchey was the class of the field in our section of the course. Car was under control and he wasn't having to catch it anywhere. The black Subie seemed pretty quick, what's different between it and Paul's?
                        Who was the chick in the black Evo on street tires? I thought I was going to have a Mike Lowe experience as she came spinning into our corner station!!

BTW, look at the last picture in Tommy's post, did anyone wonder why, as usual, Rich W is helping Lance Adams change his trailer tire but Tommy is found behind the camera?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy R
                          John and Teucci, what do you think of this?
                          Looks good! Did Rich make those?

Assembled and packaged your plates Saturday. Just waiting on Teucci to ship them.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotoddie
                            Pretty good pictures Tommy.

Corners 3 and 4 was our best view during Heat 3. It was funny on Day 1 watching McCall come in to our corner and McPlow! Fair, typical riding the back tires around all the corners. Paul, not McPlowing, but just needing to go a little quicker!! Hanchey was the class of the field in our section of the course. Car was under control and he wasn't having to catch it anywhere. The black Subie seemed pretty quick, what's different between it and Paul's?
                            Ha! Thanks for the feeback, I think The black "Subie" had coil-overs, a turbo-back exhaust, and computer (no-boost increase ) tuning over Paul's. On Sunday I really felt I did that section much better. How did I compare to Hanchey/Fair and the black Subie that day?
                            McCall

Comment

I want some of those for Nationals.
                              Brian Hanchey
                              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by turbotoddie
                                Corners 3 and 4 was our best view during Heat 3. ... Fair, typical riding the back tires around all the corners.
                                Hey, I'm just there to put on a show... Which car was more fun to watch?!
                                Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                                2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                                EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
                                X