Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renting Mineral Wells

Hey guys,
    I know Paul did this a while back. Would anyone consider having a BHoT day at Mineral Wells? I think it could be fun if we all just took our cars out there and played around. We could drive each other's cars, test STU candidates (RX-8, McCall's ride). No good balls prerunning the course, no SCCA B.S. "hey you're stickers are crooked!!". On top of that, we could set up our own ProSolo course and have someone do manual starts!! Ok, that's a stretch.

Hantober Fest!! (since Duck now has Duckvember Fest). Maybe BHoTcember Fest?

Paul, what's the scoop on getting a date out there?

B
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

What's the site rental fee?

Comment

And where would we get the cones from?
      -Sean Martin
      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Renting a track/playground is cool. I've rented Hallett, Heartland Park and Big Spring and to just have open track is GREAT.

I have the DL1 system that is easily transferred from car2car and I have used it to coach openlapping and karting and it is awesome.

Testing and data are wonderful things.

Costas

DL1 = http://www.w****doctormotorsports.com/ch39.htm

Comment

We invite someone from tamu and have them bring a few hundred cones. We won't need tons...don't have to make grid and cordon off any areas...just outline a course.

Costas

Comment

Originally posted by Shortcutsleeping
            We invite someone from tamu and have them bring a few hundred cones. We won't need tons...don't have to make grid and cordon off any areas...just outline a course.

Costas
            Don't forget a timing system, too

Comment

I THOUGHT it was $200 to rent and that included cones. That's why I was asking Paul.

If we do it, I think we need to keep it small. If we all invited friends, we could easily have 60 people out there. I'm thinking 20 tops.
              Brian Hanchey
              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

NO ASSHATS

(does that rule me out?

and yes, keep it small...20ish.

Get a date, start a list of folks and start inviting.

Costas

Comment

I'm in. I'd love to play around with the bird before I sell it.
                  McCall

Comment

I'd be all up on that action...
                    Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

McCall sell the bird?

Tell me you are not going to the Subi side!?

turbo

ps The Formula pissed me off when a valve spring broke yesterday!

Comment

Here is my DREAM. I thought this up over my vacation. Won't happen since we don't have timers. When I was in Atlanta they did a pseudo ProSolo every summer with REAL payouts.

Here's what they did. You run qualifying runs on both sides, two or three runs I guess each. Then you go straight to the Challenge. You run whoever with indexed Christmas tree starts and double elimination until someone wins. Payout was $100 or so. But if you think about it. What if you did a series every year of four events, $200 entry fee (total). 30 cars (again keep it small), 1st, 2nd, and 3rd payouts are $750, $500, $250. Or something like that. Cool part is, it doesn't matter how you class your car or whether you bring race tires since everything is indexed based on YOUR qualifying runs. Of course, you'd have to have a breakout or something to keep people from sandbagging.

Any thoughts?
                        Brian Hanchey
                        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

It was actually Mark Berry that rented it and allowed us to come out. I believe it was $100 for the day including cones, but that was for a no competition 3-4 car day. If you have timers, it will likely be more.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotoddie
                            McCall sell the bird?

Tell me you are not going to the Subi side!?

turbo

ps The Formula pissed me off when a valve spring broke yesterday!
                            Nope, no Subi for me! Just want something else but it still will be a V8 and RWD. The list of potential cars is small...
                            McCall

Comment

Ya, Mark Berry rented it. Cones are included too. It was only a $100 for 3 of us. I think if we have a few more people the price goes up, but not alot.
                              '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                              - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Working...
                              X