Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MidWest Divisional Solo: Topeka Aug 4-5

Originally posted by Paul
    I would say he has plenty of grip. Seems to me that this works.
    Take that silly animation down. Its painful to watch from the jittery "Frame rate" as well as the horrible wheel in the air cornering. Giving me a headache.

Why would looking at that series of poorly spliced pictures lead you to think "he has plenty of grip" or say that "this works"? That's absurd. Very poor reasoning based on an extremely limited set of "data".

Just because someone is well known and wins an event doesn't necessarily mean that whatever they choose on set-up is ideal or the end-all-be-all. Have you driven that car? Do you know what testing he has done with various spring/bar set-ups? ....

EDIT: I can't read - that's not even the XP car.

I've seen similar Prepared cars do equally bad things suspension wise and still "go fast". It doesn't mean its right. With sloppy sidewall slicks there may not a better set-up, but only real and extensive testing could prove that.
    That inside tire (in the epileptic seizure inducing pictures above) is doing ZERO work. I say that's a BAD thing. But I'm a crazy person that likes to drive cars with all 4 wheels on the ground.

I read that on the internet.
    Last edited by Fair!; 08-16-2007, 11:07 AM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

That's not the SM car. That's the BSP LTW.
      Brian Hanchey
      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

But...but....but he's got VORSHLAG stickers, man!!!!!!

hehehehehe

It is kinda painful to watch. In a funny way.

Costas

Comment

Originally posted by Shortcutsleeping
          But...but....but he's got VORSHLAG stickers, man!!!!!!

hehehehehe

It is kinda painful to watch. In a funny way.

Costas
          You have our .eps file and you don't even have our stickers!
          Brian Hanchey
          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
            That's not the SM car. That's the BSP LTW.
            That is correct, I never said it was Bob. I have no idea who it was.

My only point is this. If you go faster than the other guys, you win.
            '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
            - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

I have driven Bob's car, and it was a pleasure to drive. It did not push out of corners, so the fact that the inside front wheel was doing no work is completely irrelevant. And, I drove it in BSP trim, so it wasn't making big power.

I've talked with Bob about the hanging front wheel, and he's quick to say that it doesn't seem like it should work. He and others have tried other setups, but for autox, it certainly does.

In '03, I tried a stiff rear setup on my STS 325. It wasn't horrible. In fact, I think it felt better, but I was faster when I went back to a softer rear. FWIW, my stiff rear setup was 90 N/mm front and 150 N/mm rear with a 28mm front bar and no rear bar. The softer setup was 70 N/mm front and 90 N/mm rear with the same front bar. I would connect/disconnect the stock rear bar depending on the course.

Brian

Comment

I finally got around to posting my pics from the event. There are some nice pics of Bob's XP car as well as a bunch of WINGS!

http://mccall.smugmug.com/gallery/3428032

McCall

Comment

Working...
                X