New Vorshlag products?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Vorshlag products?

Is that a spherical bearing in the rear shock mount? How large? Is there anyway you can get them to flip the setup so that you can remove it from the car from outside (ala GC) for ease of use? Shouldn't be too difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
      Spacer fitments we will carry....

BMW - everything!
      Subaru Legacy/Impreza/Forester
      5x100 16mm M12x1,25
      FYI, I'm pretty sure that will only fit 2004 STi's. I believe the 2005-up STi's have a 5x114.3 hub. I don't know if other Subaru products changed to the new spacing or not.
      '05 STi
      Obfuscation usually requires a lot more words than if you simply focus on fundamental principles, so I’m not at all surprised by the loquaciousness of liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by Oversteer
        FYI, I'm pretty sure that will only fit 2004 STi's. I believe the 2005-up STi's have a 5x114.3 hub. I don't know if other Subaru products changed to the new spacing or not.
        We can have them made in other bolt patterns, not a problem. Ok, there's one problem, you have to order a lot of them to get them made in different sizes.
        Brian Hanchey
        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
          We can have them made in other bolt patterns, not a problem. Ok, there's one problem, you have to order a lot of them to get them made in different sizes.
          Just thinking (which actually hurts).... but... could you order some blanks with varying hub sizes... and then have a jig to drill out the correct / necessary bolt spacing? I'm sure that's what they do (albiet with a $$$$ CNC machine).

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
            Just thinking (which actually hurts).... but... could you order some blanks with varying hub sizes... and then have a jig to drill out the correct / necessary bolt spacing? I'm sure that's what they do (albiet with a $$$$ CNC machine).
            Order them, ship to us, receive them, then re-machine them at a local shop? All for a $50-60 pair of spacers? Not enough profit potential in them for this kind of hassle...

We will likely have a custom run of 10mm thick hubcentric spacers for BMWs, since they only normally make 5mm and 18mm thick 5-lug BMW options. This would then give us the 3 typical wheel spacer thicknesses for 5-lug BMWs.
            Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
            2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
            EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
              Order them, ship to us, receive them, then re-machine them at a local shop? All for a $50-60 pair of spacers? Not enough profit potential in them for this kind of hassle...
              I would consider this to be 'custom' and subject to additional charges.

Comment

We have some new catalog entries (80mm studs, new black lug nuts, new E36/E46 motor mounts) and new pictures of new parts:

Wheel stud assortment showing 47mm, 60mm, and 80mm BMW studs

- New Italian lug nuts, in chrome and black, with extended acorn.

- new motor E36/E46 mounts. Aluminum and polymer. Big improvement in shifting and throttle response, no added vibraiton above 1000 rpm! We're ordering the first produciton run tomorrow, should have them ready for sale in >2 weeks. (more pics: installed 2, installed 3)

AST rear adj shock.... coming soon....
                Last edited by Fair!; 08-02-2006, 10:32 PM.

Comment

- again, the AST struts

- close up of the strut adjusters

- adj rear perch and spring

- just the perches

Lots more coming, after we visit the Netherlands....

Comment

Working...
                  X