X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Product Testers Wanted

Greetings,
    As Vorshlag expands we will need your help to test new products. We'll post in this area when we need testers for new products. If you have any questions, please send us an email at testers at v or shlag dot com

Thanks,
    Brian
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Re: New Product Testers Wanted

Hey y'all,

I've got three friends with later model ('04ish) VW Jettas/Golfs. Not sure if y'all have anything for these already, but if not, they'd love to be guinea pigs. One of them is an autocrosser with Spokes from time to time, the other two are daily driver 1.8Ts.

Tommy
    2001 Jeep Wrangler
    2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
    Front LCA Bushing Swap
    E36 Custom Cat Back
    M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
    Diff Swap

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy R
      Hey y'all,

I've got three friends with later model ('04ish) VW Jettas/Golfs. Not sure if y'all have anything for these already, but if not, they'd love to be guinea pigs. One of them is an autocrosser with Spokes from time to time, the other two are daily driver 1.8Ts.

Tommy
      Why yes... yes we do...

Just installed the first ever 4100 kit on Matt's 2006 VW GTI and we wanted to post a couple of pics. AST has made Sportline 1 kits for these for a while but this is the first Vorshlag spec'd rebound only set-up made for this model.

Left: Before picture - it was a baller set-up with some cheap, non-gas Koni coilovers. Bumpstop rider. Right: With the 4100s installed we raised the car over an inch front and rear, increased the spring rate all around (and went with linear, 60mm springs), and improved ride quality to boot.

Left: We ditched the included progressive rear spring (used in the Sportline 1 kit). The 4100 kit uses a rear 200mm L x 60mm ID coilover spring, which fit perfectly with the AST rear ride height adjusters. Right: Rear shock is inverted due to a blind upper mount. Concentric rear rebound adjuster is very cool - lay down, reach in and adjust. No other adjustable shock on the market works this well on VWs.

Left: Installation was "fun" up front. Just jacking up the car is a multi-step process. Right: I had to drop the RF control arm, pop out the halfshaft, and spread the strut mount to get the old ones out and new ASTs in. This set-up is made to work with the factory upper strut mount/bearing - of course we'll have a Vorshlag camber plate for the car as well, soon.

The front upper strut opening is hidden under a plastic cowl cover. I cut out a hole for access to the rebound adjuster and it worked out better than hoped. Hanchey has finished the camber plate drawings, I just need to dimension them and get some prototypes cut.

We're excited that the 4100 kit install went as well as it did and can't wait to tackle the next car in line. The Corvette 4100 install from the previous week went equally as well, too. I need to post those pics next.
      I'm working on the camber plate drawings today.
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

So do y'all have stuff for the earlier generation VWs?
        2001 Jeep Wrangler
        2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
        Front LCA Bushing Swap
        E36 Custom Cat Back
        M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
        Diff Swap

Comment

Mark I through V sir! Scirocco, Corrado, you name it.
          Brian Hanchey
          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
            Mark I through V sir! Scirocco, Corrado, you name it.
            1969 Bug

Comment

1978 Chevy Monza SCCA ITA?

Costas

Comment

Anything for 1989 Honda Civic Si cars?

/Brian - needs to move on to an E36 soon
                Last edited by BrianGT; 08-08-2008, 06:50 AM.

Comment

How about a 2005 Mustang GT?
                  Jason Newman,
                  2005 Mustang GT
                  1995 Mustang GT 5.0
                  York Pump & Equipment, a DXP Company

Comment

Originally posted by BrianGT
                    Anything for 1989 Honda Civic Si cars?

/Brian - needs to move on to an E36 soon
                    Yep!
                    Brian Hanchey
                    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

if we can figure out how to make a c6 vette work like a c5 it could be worth a mint

Comment

Originally posted by cbr
                        if we can figure out how to make a c6 vette work like a c5 it could be worth a mint
                        Is it true - that you got a C6 Z06???? We have shocks we are developing for these. Already on Dean's C5 but the design is going through some changes for the next round...
                        Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                        2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                        EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
                          Is it true - that you got a C6 Z06????
                          He does, or did. It may be at Carmax by now That thing had so much torque I could feel the fluid in my ears move back

Comment

Working...
                          X