NASA Texas pricing 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA Texas pricing 2010

I was talking to Fair about TT in order to get some additional track time at a NASA event and I'm not sure if ya'll have noticed, but roadracing and TT pricing both went up for 2010. I'm kind of surprised...does anyone have any knowledge of why?

TT used to be 250 (I think), but it is now 310 for the weekend. Roadracing went to 385 for both days. Yikes. :-O

Costas
    cars and such...

Re: NASA Texas pricing 2010

I was looking at other events I want to try and attend this year and did some comparison shopping.

MidAtlantic NASA at VIR (freaking AWESOME track) is 325$ for 2 days racing. 339$ for two day TT.

SouthEast NASA at Road Atlanta (omg teh win!) is 319$ for 2 days and 2 days of TT is $349.

And, outside the box, the SCCA two day regional at MSR-H this month is $350.

Costas
    cars and such...

Comment

I cannot understand why TT costs more than w2w racing at the same event. Anyone have any idea WTF is going on here???
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Fair! View Post
        I cannot understand why TT costs more than w2w racing at the same event. Anyone have any idea WTF is going on here???
        Subsidizing man, subsidizing

$279 for a weekend of TT here with NASA <or> $179 for each individual day.

Comment

I'm just going to let my sponsers pick up the entry fees for me... oh wait... drat!

Comment

Originally posted by Wirtz View Post
            I'm just going to let my sponsers pick up the entry fees for me... oh wait... drat!
            Do you know more about this pricing increase? I heard from Costas that it was a big deal to the CMC community... but there isn't a real "community" for the NASA Texas TT group. We're getting the shaft even worse!
            Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
            2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
            EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

There has been some *****ing about it, but I don't think it has yielded any facts as to why prices changed. Just some mild finger pointing and pissing and moaning.

Comment

Working...
              X