Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eagles Canyon Toy Run - ECR, December 12 & 13

Originally posted by cledbetter View Post
    This was such a fun event. I had a blast! The last session in the afternoon I had to myself. I think I need to bleed the brakes again since it is mushy now and half of my pads.
    Chris was an animal! He made every single session and was driving the wheels off the car. Wasn't this your first event?

I'll post pics and video here shortly...
    Last edited by Faerus; 12-14-2009, 01:08 PM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

It was my first event and it was SOOO much fun!! I think I need better pads if I am going to do it again. My front pads are nearly gone now and there was 80% when I started...

Comment

Pics: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/gallery/10647450_yvnb7

Ken O chasing down David Whitener

Amy pointing by an instructor

The same instructor doing the driftoro!

CTS-V action

Picture of Chris L on track

Phil Adams chasing then passing an MX5

Wayne Atkins had his Civic out there instructing, and Mike Bridges had his C5 FRC

I never got a pic of my 330 on track

Amy's M3, my 330 and Matt's 350Z, with Amy and Matt throwin' VM signs!

Tons of fun out there, even with the cold and wet conditions on Saturday morning. We got a dry track after lunch and had a lot of fun. My first even tracking the 330, Matt's first time tracking his 350Z and Amy's first time tracking her M3. Somehow our prep work paid off and all 3 cars did great. Best $50 track event I've ever been to!

It was fun having so many local SCCA autocrossers there to spar with on track. These were the only folks other than a couple of instructors that were actually pushing it in the wet! Everyone else was slooooooow poking it around until the track dried out. Made for a great learning tool running in the damp conditions, that's for sure. Matt did a lot of learning, off track... twice!
        Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
        2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
        EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun out there on Saturday!

Sunday was really crowded – I think we had over 60 cars and over 40 bikes. It was too foggy in the morning to safely get on the track, so things didn’t get going until about 10am. The track was pretty slick in the morning, but it dried out nicely by lunch time.

After that it turned into a great afternoon. Surprisingly, even with 25+ cars per session, it was pretty easy to find some space to run. It was good to see a lot of local autocrossers out yesterday, including Ken Orgeron, Thomas Hiromoto, Mick Harrison, Doug Covington, and Wayne Atkins.

I didn’t bother with the camera except for one session. Here’s a video of a lap from an afternoon session with RaceChrono data overlay. If you look closely, you’ll see a bright yellow Ferrari sitting in the grass off to the left just after Turn 4.
          Iain

'01 Honda S2000 - extra crispy
          '05 Honda CR-V EX AWD - alphabet soup family truckster
          Always looking for a co-drive...

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
          X