Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Texas Region TMS Road Course Autocross! (27 Sept 2009)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Texas Region TMS Road Course Autocross! (27 Sept 2009)

This SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! September 27th is the biggest, fastest and best autocross of the year for the state of Texas!

Texas Motor Speedway
    Fort Worth TX
    I-35N & IH-114, Infield Road Course
    Details: http://www.autocross.com/texasregion/

(note: you cannot be a total noob and enter this event. 3 previous event experience, minimum. Also - NO WALK UP REGISTRATION IS ALLOWED! Must signup beforehand, online)

If you've never run the TMS Infield Road Course this is a great time to give it a go. There's always a big crowd but we still get lots of laps (normally 4) and the course is always FAST FAST FAST. Sure, they break up the biggest straights with an offset or slalom, but I've dipped well past 80 mph on this course before. Big sweepers, WOT, lots of fun.

All times are Approximate
    Registration & Tech 7:30AM-8:30AM
    MANDATORY
    Drivers Meeting 9:00AM
    First Runs Start 9:30AM
    Trophies at conclusion of runs 4:30 PM
    Registration Information

The TMS road course event uses the road that is inside the speedway oval. The course is a smooth asphalt surface. Cones will be placed on the road and ramp area to make a challenging course to drive. You will not be driving on the oval banks. Most events have 4 runs per driver. The Texas Region uses all the National approved classes and the supplemental classes also. Quite working mufflers are required.

in-car video from 2008 event

If you ever wanted to bring out a friend to ride in an autocross this is the best one to bring them to. Lots of speed and high g corners on the smooth TMS infield course. Amy and I are running the M3 in BSP on an old set of 18x10s and 265mm Yokohamas. First time we've raced the car in over a year. Should be fun... see you there!
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: 2009 Texas Region TMS Road Course Autocross! (27 Sept 2009)

MeL and I will be there in the E30!
    McCall

Comment

I will be there but nothing to drive. =/
      '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
      - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

The event was awesome, as usual. Weather was a bit on the warm side but nothing like our normal summer heat. Done by 3 pm, which was good considering how many entrants (and cones) they had.

Some pics:

We had 3 people driving the M3 in the same heat so it was very hectic (Wayne, me and Amy). Didn't get many pictures in that heat, we went to lunch in heat 2 and missed most of that action, and worked in the timing trailer in heat 3. Long story short - not many pics this time.

Wayne Atkins co-drive with me in BSP got a smokin' 3rd run and the win, with my first run being my fastest (that's never a good sign) 3 tenths back in 2nd, and Amy 2 tenths behind that time in Women's class. Considering the size of this course it was still close times among 3 of us, I guess. I haven't raced the M3 in about 2 years, and it took a while to get in the groove... well, since my first run was fastest and I lost to a co-driver, I guess I never found the groove.
        Last edited by Fair!; 09-28-2009, 01:41 PM.
        Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
        2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
        EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

It was pretty awesome! Too bad I didnt clean my 57.4 up. I would have been in the top 10 in PAX... My car was hooked up!

Comment

Working...
          X