Cars & Coffee June 27, 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars & Coffee June 27, 2009

It's time for the monthly Cars and Coffee™ event in Texas on Saturday, June 27. Please note the earlier hours: 6:30am-10:30am.

Cars and Coffee had an awesome turnout for their first event held on May 30, so get there early to beat the heat and secure your spot! And don't forget about the Starbucks coffee available -- donations for the coffee will be accepted on behalf of the Greater Dallas Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association.

Date: Saturday, June 27 (last Saturday of every month)
    Time: 6:30am – 10:30am
    Classic BMW (northwest corner of the parking lot)
    6800 Dallas Parkway
    Plano, TX 75024

It starts an hour and a half earlier than last time to try and beat some of that Texas summer heat. The peak of cars was about 1.5 hours into the event, but I don't know when the most cars will be there. Just letting you know for those that like to sleep in. More info:

http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/

Cars & Coffee is a gathering of car enthusiasts to show off their cars, drink coffee (donations for charity), and chat. There are a lot of unique/cool cars there. If you'd like a sample, check out my pictures from the last event.

http://redwood.smugmug.com/gallery/8397763_orWLS

I'm not showing my car this time (not cool enough!), so I probably won't show up until 7 or 7:30.
    Last edited by Redwood; 06-25-2009, 09:51 AM.
    -Sean Martin
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Re: Cars & Coffee June 27, 2009

We will be there with several cars, hopefully worth viewing.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Crap, the same day as the BMWCCA autoX at TMS.

Comment

Great turnout again, though it didn't look as full due to more space for show cars.

My pictures from the 6-27 Cars & Coffee

-Sean Martin
        2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Cars & Coffee was pretty damn cool. Never seen so many exotics in DFW! The attendance for Japanese cars in general was pretty weak - there were more Italian exotics than Asian cars. Sad, sad....

Gallery: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/gallery/8727281_ZjrGX

This row was all of the Japanese cars in attendance

One of only 3 EVOs in attendance

There were as many GTRs as EVOs?!

Mercedes AMG Black Edition = $300K+

Rare Audi RS6 - twin turbo wagon!

The lineup of Italian cars was impressive

There were some cool domestics in attendance... this wasn't one of them

An authentic 427 Cobra - priceless piece of history (worth millions)

Lots of Lambos

Bugatti interior is artwork, as was the engine

Brian's EVO was parked amongst some high end cars! (Bugatti and Carrera GT

This was a GREAT car show that costs NOTHING to enter or view. Classic BMW is hosting this every month - always on the last Saturday. Yes, it starts a little early but its over by 10:30 am so you have the rest of the day left to do stuff.

I got there when it opened at 6:30 (nabbing a great spot) and it was a little sparse, but cars really started showing up in numbers by 8 am, and then began trickling out by 10 when it was getting hot. We had a bunch Vorshlag forum members/friends there (about 10) and most of us went to breakfast afterward... and still had most of the day left to do stuff, which was cool.

See you guys next time!
          Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
          2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
          EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
          X