Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Leichty does it again, Wins Redline Time Attack!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Leichty does it again, Wins Redline Time Attack!

Aaron headed to the track again with his "almost stock" Honda S2000. Aaron is our first tester for Honda S2000 shocks running an off the shelf AST 4100 set. Aaron beat his nearest competitor by 2.4 seconds. Congrats Aaron!

Results <a href="http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/RTAResults/RTA_Rd3_Street.pdf">here</a>.
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Re: Aaron Leichty does it again, Wins Redline Time Attack!

Pictures and video from Aaron's Redline Win at Autobahn:

Watch this video... Aaron was playing around with lines and running over the curbing on his first hot lap. He early apexes a turn a bit and puts 2 wheels in the dirt, which allows them to really pound the crap out of the edge of the curbing. Got a bit of air and bottomed the suspension. He had his hands full catching that, and the shocks were fine afterward. That video is the "AST shock test".

AST Shock Test - video link

On my first hot lap of the event I tried to jump the berm on my way through one of the higher-speed corners on the track. The back of the car got kicked into the air and the driver's rear shock bottomed out... HARD. It is a terribly slow lap, but it shows the durability of the AST shocks. I couldn't believe it didn't bend the shock! I mean, it hit hard!
    Aaron is really putting his ASTs through the paces. Good stuff.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Re: Aaron Leichty does it again, Wins Redline Time Attack!

Great stuff. Wish I could have been there.

I'll be driving at Nashville and New Jersey later this summer. Hopefully I'll get to meet Aaron.

Wish I had ASTs on the car I'm driving.
      Thomas
      AST '04 S2000 (STR)
      '04 R32 with AST 4100s

Comment

Working...
      X