Pictures from three events

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures from three events

Hanchey traveled to California last weekend to meet with some dealers, go to some races, and help tune some suspension setups in both the LA area and and Las Vegas. He went to a Redline Time Attack race at Willow Springs, a BMWCCA race at Fontana and a Speed Ventures event (HPDE + Time Attack) at Button Willow. He drove 949Racing's Miata at BW, too.

Pictures: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/gallery/8497633_SfRus

Tons of E92 M3s at the BMWCCA event

Lots of Corvettes at Button Willow

S197 Mustang at Button Willow

AST 5200s on EVO X (RobiSpec)

Tube framed Scion that had a MEGA-mega wing up front

The Berk 135i, always in some state of oversteer

Billy Brooks' Genesis Coupe looked pretty sharp!

Winged Warrior!

I'll let Brian update this thread from here...
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: Pictures from three events

That red M3 is the RD Sport M3 with a 4.6L bored out motor. Looked good.

Definitely a lot of driving that weekend going to three tracks, but it was worth it. Three different types of events in So Cal on the same day. Cali guys have it too good.

The BMW Club Event was fun. I wasn't able to stay too long, but there were plenty of really cool BMWs. A member there took me for a 100+ mph test drive in the parking lot in the 335d. Uh...thanks buddy I think?

Buttonwillow event was a Speed Ventures event. They run DEs and have a Time Attack embedded in the DE so you can compete if you choose to. I now know where all the Lotus are in the country.

Willow Springs

Redline was fun too. Lot's of hardware. "Big Willow" as it is called is an interesting track. It is on the side of a mountain so there's not really a level place on it, but plenty of "on camber" turns. The second to last turn (just past the "TOYOTA" sign above) is flat footed at 135+. So not your average track.
    Last edited by Fair!; 06-10-2009, 10:20 AM.
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Working...
    X