Houston National Tour, April 3-5, 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston National Tour, April 3-5, 2009

Wow, what an event. Lots of trials and tribulations beset the Vorshlag crew leading up to the event and during. Needless to say it was a doozy! We have more of our write-up from the Tour at this location:

I'll let everyone else discuss the event here. We've got 500+ pictures uploaded and on-car video from the EVO. Can someone throw in a link to the results?

Pictures:
    Friday Practice: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/gallery/7823632_YKQPG (147 pics)
    Sat-Sunday event: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/gallery/7823635_VGSHx (387 pics)

Congrats on the STS win goes to Vorshlag tester Jarrett Jan!

Even with only 3 working tires we had fun in the EVO

Congrats to Vorshlag's Stuart Maxy for his AStock win

Prettiest STU car

Kent and Pranav represented the blue oval in STU well for their first real outing on 275mm Dunlops!

AST equipped Gerry Teranova dominated EStock. Kim Whitener shown driving in ESL

Jason and Paul posted some fast times in the 08 Subaru

Casey Weiss hopped in a Shelby Mustang and flat out embarrassed FStock

The surface at GGP is made up entirely of recycled gambling receipts and seagull droppings

EVO Video
    Last edited by Fair!; 04-09-2009, 12:22 PM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: Houston National Tour, April 3-5, 2009

As many of you know Brian and I were both DSQ'd for an Impound violation, leaving early, when we moved our car from Grid A to Grid B for our STU-Ladies driver running in the next heat. It was clearly marked on our registrations, as required, and lots of other people did the same thing all weekend - its normal at even National events when you have back to back run groups for the same car. It was a weenie technicality and its under appeal.

That wasn't even the biggest issue we had. We had other issues with the event and some of the SCCA National Field Staff that were even bigger concerns and we have passed them along. If you have anything to say about the event/staff, either good or bad, please call Nancy Downing at 800-770-2055 or email her at ndowning@scca.com.

I can't wait for our SW Divisional Series to kick off with our own local SCCA folks running the show!

Comment

Apparently it does still pitch some tilt over in turns .

Because I cant figure out linking and havent stole photos to repost all over #308
      '06 Mustang GT
      VTPP!!!

Comment

Brian and my DSQ has been quickly and quietly dropped and our times restored.

Comment

Working...
        X