Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NASA-Eagles Canyon, HPDE/TT/Club Race Oct 11-12, 2008

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=993488

This is the results from my best Saturday TT session. Hard to follow as it just has a name and number, no class designation or car description. Is this all that NASA Texas gives? This is the free web results generated by AMB, their transponder supplier.

From the pictures car #67 was the black RX7 Turbo (TTS) and #117 was the black C6 Z06 running in TTU with me.

I'll finish editing my in car video and post in a bit. (its done - see here: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/gallery/...00011567_GhNzZ)
    Last edited by Fair!; 10-22-2008, 11:05 AM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Nice times.
      -Sean Martin
      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

There is something different recently with Mylaps. It used to have each lap availible you could print by car. I have not seen that lately. Not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by Wirtz
          There is something different recently with Mylaps. It used to have each lap available you could print by car. I have not seen that lately. Not sure why.
          They are holding the data hostage unless you own your own AMB transponder. What used to be available for free now only comes with "membership" into the $420 AMB club.

This is what happens when you allow one company to control an entire market - Monopolies are rarely good for the consumer. Now if Hanchey, Amy and I ever want to see all of our lap times we will EACH have to fork over $380-420 for THREE transponders, instead of sharing 1 or 2. This sucks.

Also - as a NASA competitor, have you ever seen actual NASA Texas results? I mean something more than this MyLaps.com generic crap??? How do you know who's in what class, what the lap records are, etc?

Comment

The printed results from NASA are actually pretty good. They print the finishing order on the front. Finish position both overall and in class is shown with best lap info. Then they have been printing each lap for each car on the back. It's a great setup but this weekend, I forgot to go grab a copy of R3 and R4 before they packed everything up. The are normally put out a session or two after you run at the desk.

I didn't think Mylaps is holding anything hostage. If you want a hard wired transponder (and therefore the same transponder number each time) you would need to purchase one for each car. Maybe your seeing a different screen then me, but for this past weekend, up near the top is an option to "show per class" if you don't want to see the overall standing. Its looking like they just changed some of the website formatting, there used to be a "show my laps" option, but now it looks like you just click on the persons name and it will show you every lap. It also allows you to compare times to someone else.

Terry - I just checked and I can see both class and all lap times for you. If for some reason you are not able to get to it, let me know and if you like I can screen shot it all and email it.

I think as long as cars are running different run groups, you should be able to share between cars. AMB makes a version that is battery powered. The only trick might be to remember who ran what when...

I dono, I just remember when they used to have 5 or 6 people each with 3 or 4 stopwatches in timing and scoring and they wrote it all by hand. Now THAT sucked...

Jeff

Comment

I played around with my video editing software last night and got an in-car video edited from the Alpha car. This is from my 2nd session at ECR during the NASA event, a week and a half ago. Its about a 5 minute video and has a couple of hot laps plus the fateful corner where the Death Rattle begins.

click for video

Yes - there are loads of driver errors and I'm not pushing the car hard in many/most corners. This was still a new track for me and I was still getting my bearings, since I hadn't tracked it since May. Excuses, excuses...

Thanks,
              Last edited by Fair!; 10-22-2008, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X