Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCCA Practice event, TMS, Sunday March 2, 2008

SCCA Practice event, TMS, Sunday March 2, 2008

Amy and I will be there in the E30 (possibly with 2 sets of new tires) and Alpha LS1 car (with new AST4300s and flares).

Instead of going to some boring classroom discussion of driving techniques and LISTENING - come out and DO it!
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: SCCA Practice event, TMS, Sunday March 2, 2008

Jason and I will be there AND we are going to see Dr. Bob talk about suspensions!!!
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Barring snow, I will be at a local event at our NEW site which has a surface very much like that of HPT!

Comment

Amy is itchin to autocross this weekend so we're apparently doing the BMWCCA Mineral Wells autcross on Saturday as well. Oiy, so much for taking it easy on the sick husband!
        Last edited by Fair!; 03-03-2008, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
          ...so much for taking it easy on the sick husband!
          Dude... she cuts you so much slack it isn't even funny

Comment

The new AST 4300 "wave"? This is with new 6" Hypercoil fronts and 5" rears, new AST 4300s remote res shocks up front and piggyback remote rears.

Don't forget the new FairDesign flares, eBay mirrors, and M3 front clip! Next stop, body shop, mount the Sparco steering wheel and passenger seat, partial roll cage, what else?

Last edited by hancheyb; 03-03-2008, 12:10 AM.
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Now that is grip!!! Suprising since those are 3 year old take off Hoosiers.

Btw, Terry was over a second faster than the STi on a very slick 30 second course. I think he had a 26.6 to my 27.8.
              Last edited by Paul; 03-03-2008, 12:30 PM.
              '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
              - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
                Amy is itchin to autocross this weekend so we're apparently doing the BMWCCA Mineral Wells autocross on Saturday as well.
                We took 230 pictures from the BMW club's 1st Auto-x of 2008. Click on the thumbnail to see a medium size picture, and click on the large picture to see a larger resolution picture. The original full rez pic is also available - hover your mouse over the large preview image and every available download size will pop-up: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/gallery/4437165_zYBhM

Weather was great, event ran smoothly, and turnout was good. Other than the pivot cone I think everyone liked the course. And to answer a few questions we were asked by more than a few people: yes, our E30 has the stock 1.8L engine, and no, we won't be running every BMWCCA event in that car so we won't affect year-end class B points. Big thanks to the Lone Star officers that set-up this event and also to BMW of Dallas for coming out to not only support the club but enter an X3 and give demonstration rides to lots of folks. Good stuff.

Yee-ha! In the marbles!!!

Thanks,
                Last edited by Fair!; 03-03-2008, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
                  Btw, Terry was over a second faster than the STi on a very slick 30 second course. I think he had a 26.6 to my 27.8.
                  I have to put my Paul filter on that one. Tell the truth Paul, how many cones did your run have??
                  Last edited by hancheyb; 03-03-2008, 12:45 PM.
                  Brian Hanchey
                  AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
                    I have to put my Paul filter on that one. Tell the truth Paul, how many cones did your run have??
                    Nope, that was true time as I logged it. The best I got was a 28.0(or.1) I think. I did run a 27.0 but that was with running the slalom the wrong way
                    McCall

Comment

Working...
                    X