Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southwest Divisional #3, LaGrave Field, Aug 18-19.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southwest Divisional #3, LaGrave Field, Aug 18-19.

This thread keeps getting shorter...

Comment

I didn't realize how close we all were (excluding Fitz and Hale).
      '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
      - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by bfitz
        This thread keeps getting shorter...
        Someone is abusing his executive authority

Comment

'taint me!
          -Sean Martin
          2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

New parts (wing, AST 4300 triples, 18x10s and shaved 265 RE01Rs) worked out fairly well on this "shake down event" for the M3. Played with tire pressures and valving, but we had WAY too much spring rate for this BUMPY course. The Stock class guys were cleaning up - stock or otherwise soft suspensions did a lot better here. Never a good idea to use a Div for the first runs on lots of new parts, but it had to be done.

my upload to smugmug got jacked up so I will post the gallery link later when I finish uploading pics... 670 MB worth.
            Last edited by Fair!; 08-20-2007, 11:24 AM.
            Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
            2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
            EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Did anyone get any GoPro footage? How'd they work out?
              Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by C3
                Did anyone get any GoPro footage? How'd they work out?
                Couple of guys watched their videos on the projector they had in the tent. They said they found a "free" program that lets you overlay videos on each other. They were putting their videos and showing where the other guy was faster. Pretty cool.
                Brian Hanchey
                AST Suspension - USA

Comment

I have to extend BIG thanks to nearly everyone for this weekend! First to Brian for letting me run the STi! Secondly to the Fairs for shuttling me around all weekend and giving me a nice comfy bed to sleep in! Then to MeL for possibly hooking me up with Dr. Pepper. And it was really cool to see everyone else this weekend!

I'm not making any promises about the test-n-tune this weekend or about Nationals, but you never know....

Tommy
                  2001 Jeep Wrangler
                  2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                  Front LCA Bushing Swap
                  E36 Custom Cat Back
                  M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
                  Diff Swap

Comment

It looks like Strelnicks unloaded a can of whoop-ass on Stan in XP.. whats the scoop?

Comment

He had a fuel injector issue, as in couldn't get enough fuel. So he had to keep is foot out of it to keep the boost down.....and went way faster.
                      2001 Jeep Wrangler
                      2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                      Front LCA Bushing Swap
                      E36 Custom Cat Back
                      M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
                      Diff Swap

Comment

FWIW,

Stan had a miss and running on 7 cylinders. Strelnieks had a an injector driver issue and was running low boost. But, Erik is definitely the driver and chassis tuner Stan isn't. Stan raised his car a little bit to keep from bouncing but no one was smashing bodywork so everything went well. But, you could tell many people definitely some shock help.

turbotoddie

Comment

Originally posted by turbotoddie
                          FWIW,

Stan had a miss and running on 7 cylinders. Strelnieks had a an injector driver issue and was running low boost. But, Erik is definitely the driver and chassis tuner Stan isn't. Stan raised his car a little bit to keep from bouncing but no one was smashing bodywork so everything went well. But, you could tell many people definitely some shock help.

turbotoddie
                          Yea, Stan and Su were frantically changing plug wires on Sunday and fought with that miss all weekend, but they were bottoming out and bouncing BADLY in several places. So was Mark Berry's EVO and several other stiffly sprung ST/SP cars. I know of at least 2 folks that changed springs on Saturday night to battle the LaGrave Moguls.

So was my M3... so many bumps in fact that a right rear shock bolt came OFF. I just found that last night when I was adjusting the shock valving for street use. "WTF!? This shock is just dangling in the breeze..." It may have happened when Koenig and I went to dinner Sunday night, though, as I drove the M3 about 8 miles with the race set-up/tires and I do remember hearing a "clank clank" while driving. Who knows...

All I know is that lot rewarded a soft spring rate and lots of suspension travel. Something I don't have on the M3, and don't intend on changing for HPT (which is as smooth as glass - with about as much grip).

Comment

A few photos

Brian

Comment

Been hacking away at the pictures... whittled it down to 250, and most of those are cropped. Gallery.

check the RR tire... off the ground

almost...

that's a good one, with the water/reflections

I finally figured out how to crop in smugmug...

Comment

Working...
                              X