This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamscc 40th Reunion

April 4th, 5th, and 6th is the weekend!!!

TWS has already been secured for the 5th. Mark the dates folks!

Costas

Re: Tamscc 40th Reunion

What are the plans? Autox, Rallye, partiy/banquet, and.... Aggiecross?? Who's running point... Todd? Julie?

Sounds like fun!
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Bittle is on point supposedly and his son is an officer
      this year. No clue as to plans, start posting ?ns on the
      tamscc forum as there is a thread there. I've been bugging
      them since last fall telling them to get their act together and
      we just now have a date. Hopefully they have something good
      in the works.

Costas

Comment

Sounds like fun. I'll mark the date.
        McCall

Comment

Will you have to be an alum? I was in the club for 2 years, but never had the chance to run an Aggie-Cross. Would be willing to make the trip down just to run one

Comment

"in the club"? Did you actually join (member)?

I'm assuming if you joined, you'll be invited. I went to UT actually, but hung out at TAMSCC stuff for ages (and am a lifetime member) and then actually moved to college station for 7 years and helped a lot with autocrosses. Regardless, when the lists start being compiled we are supposed to get input and can make sure you're on the list.

I'm hoping for an aggiecross too and not just a lapping day. I'll have TWS time in Scratcher by then and should be closer on the setup. w00t.

Costas

Comment

Originally posted by Shortcutsleeping
              "in the club"? Did you actually join (member)?
              Yeah... I paid for 3 years.... then the courses started s****** hind end... so I stopped.

Comment

Lifetime member here, I'm in, keep us posted!
                Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
                Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
                  Lifetime member here, I'm in, keep us posted!
                  Ditto... $100 well spent.
                  '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                  - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Now I HAVE to get an alignment on the GTO and see if that helps the puuuuuuuush. Been too lazy since day 1 and have paid for it dearly.

I'm kinda skeered to run with stock wallowy shocks but, oh well. It goes back the following November. Where are all the cars with front double A-arms and easy to swap shocks!?

My biggest concern are the woefully undersized brakes. I already warped them once. I thought I'd get the dealer to put on new rotors under warranty like with the Formula and picked it up facing $120 bill for turning them. fsck! I'm wondering if I need to put new rotors on, decent brake pads, and then bed them in properly. I'd hate to blow a turn and pull a Dean.
                    "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
                    http://www.duckfest.net

Comment

Originally posted by duck
                      Now I HAVE to get an alignment on the GTO and see if that helps the puuuuuuuush. Been too lazy since day 1 and have paid for it dearly.

I'm kinda skeered to run with stock wallowy shocks but, oh well. It goes back the following November. Where are all the cars with front double A-arms and easy to swap shocks!?

My biggest concern are the woefully undersized brakes. I already warped them once. I thought I'd get the dealer to put on new rotors under warranty like with the Formula and picked it up facing $120 bill for turning them. fsck!
                      Saweet, you only have 8 months left to get the alignment, that's about 2 months more than it normally takes to move a toilet in your MASTER BATHTUB 5 feet over to the actual location it should be, so you should be fine for actually getting the alignment done.

Originally posted by The Ducketh
                      I'm wondering if I need to put new rotors on, decent brake pads, and then bed them in properly. I'd hate to blow a turn and pull a Dean.
                      Hey!! How many tally marks have you scratched on the Curbs of Legacy ? I only have one on the Buttons of Green's Prairie Road and actually, there's no curb there, but there is a mudfield!
                      Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
                      Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Shortcutsleeping
                        April 4th, 5th, and 6th is the weekend!!!

TWS has already been secured for the 5th. Mark the dates folks!

Costas
                        SWEET!! April 5th is my Birthday!!

Comment

In the Reunion thread on tamscc it is stated that on Saturday there will be an Aggie-Cross style event at TWS.

So...dust off those fast cars folks....if you have one. If not, start building! If you've started, hurry up and finish!

Costas

Comment

This is looking bad.

2 months away and nobody knows ANYTHING. It seems to be turning into 'just the folks WE want to invite' or something. Maybe I'm wrong (I hope I am), but this doesn't look good.

I've called the hotel that has the rooms blocked (Hilton) and they (ta-da) know nothing of the event.

The TWS event is using only a portion of the roadcourse to make an autocross. WTF? Rent the whole TWS and only use about 1/3rd of the track?

Anyone hear anything else? I've submitted my email and have heard nothing.

Costas

Comment

From what I've heard, part of the reason that current TAMSCC is not involved is that the club insurance will not IN ANY WAY allow for them to have an event at TWS. That's the reason that you see the currenty officers say that they are not involved in it . . . the other side of it, I'm afraid, is that it's being planned by some folks in California(?) that don't seem to keep everyone else in the loop . . .
                              Jason Newman,
                              2005 Mustang GT
                              1995 Mustang GT 5.0
                              York Pump & Equipment, a DXP Company

Comment

Working...
                              X