Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 911 in-car Vid, MSR + crash

http://www.p993.net/bob/PCA%20-%20MS...Sprint%202.wmv

Here's a very large, long video (15min 48sec, 96MB, in car form a 911 at MSR Cresson from earlier this year near at a PCA race) w/ the spin at the very end. DL and skip, if you're interested. A small bit of dirt near the end of a fast downhill lefthand sweeper. It's a pretty minor spin, really, aside from happening at the front of a train of cars. In the last few seconds you see the red 911 spin and this was the end result...

I avoid him as does the car directly behind me. BUT, the car behind the guy behind me doesn't. That car t bones the red car right in the drivers door. They had to cut him out of the car and care flight him to the hospital. Broken pelvis, broken ribs and a major concussion.

He's doing much better. He has no memory of the race or the weekend. I had to burn him a dvd so that he could see what happened. Check out the car in the attached pic.......

He had a bolt in roll cage
    Track cars need real cages.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: 911 in-car Vid, MSR + crash

Originally posted by Fair

Track cars need real cages.

Why the Hell would you run wheel to wheel with out a "real cage"
    Hunter

Ladies and Gentlemen this is your captain speaking. Please put your collars in the upright and POPed position.

Comment

Re: 911 in-car Vid, MSR + crash

Originally posted by Hunter
      Why the Hell would you run wheel to wheel with out a "real cage"
      I don't think the bolt-in cage was the problem. Not having legit door-bar protection was. Most of these track p1mps want their side door bars low so they can get in and out of them easily so they can still go to the store to get groceries. If I could see pics of the cage, I bet the door bar bends down around the side of the seat to allow easy in and out. Of course that allows the car hitting you in the door easy access as well.

When I build my next track car (someday) it will get more of a Nascar-type door bar along with a full halo, etc. When you get on the track, safety (not going fast) should be your #1 concern.
      McCall

Comment

Working...
      X