Tms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tms

Any of ya'll running the roadcourse event?

Re: Tms

Originally posted by turbotoddie
    Any of ya'll running the roadcourse event?
    Yep. Both MeL and I are signed up.
    McCall

Comment

Amy and I will be there as well as the BMWCCA event the day before at La Grave Field (site of the August Divisional!)

One of the Houston boys is going to joins us that weekend for both events too...
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Are the BMW events open to anyone?

turbo

Comment

Yes, I think it just costs a little extra if you are not a member. You'll need to pre-register at http://www.dlbracing.com
          -Sean Martin
          2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

I plan to be there and I am bringing a guy from work. We both already got the day off.

Comment

Just registered for TMS event 7/15, LSC event 7/14, and LaGrave SW Divisional #3. Sign up people!

Comment

I'm in. There were 132 people pre-registered as of last night - gonna be a large event.
                Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

I'm out. Too much of a wuss to run 2 events in a weekend. I would like to go to that course. Wish it was another weekend.
                  -Sean Martin
                  2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

10am.... sunny, nice breeze. Teched, walked.

No Paul. He entered but probably overslept? Matteucci left the BMW event early and will miss the TMS event as well.

Toth, McCalls, Jeff Hanchey, Cody, Todd and Stroh, lots of others here! Damn NASCAR noisy roundy rounders are making a TON of noise.

BMW event was junk yesterday. Bad course design on a "humpy"course made for lots of carnage and people leaving early. Divisional course layout will be "challenging" to set-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!

No Paul. He entered but probably overslept?
                      I was up before you were. I was on call this weekend for work and got screwed.
                      '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                      - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Except for being the most miserable breezeless day I've ever experienced, it was a good time - now I understand why 225 friggin people registered. The banked sweepers coupled with the long 3rd gear right-left-left complex made an otherwise slalom-filled course worthwhile. The STi felt good considering it's 100% stock and I was at least relieved I managed to pull out a clean run that didn't start with a 6 on my 3rd try

ninja-edit: The nascar-wannabes were annoyingly loud, and also I'd like to give a big FU to the guy who parked next to Fair with the generator blaring the entire time. I think it was the same guy with the open-header 4th gen camaro, which would only make him doubly guilty of pointless noise pollution.
                        Last edited by C3; 07-16-2007, 08:48 AM.
                        Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

More complaining from the Saturday LaGrave field BMWCCA event.

Video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...91620285421490

Looks a lot more open and fast in a CSP Miata.

That event had a lot of carnage from the bumps. I lost 3 pieces from the front under tray of my M3. Exploded and shot out from the bumps. Another regular M3 competitor packed up his stuff and left after nearly ruining a tire (had contact marks on the sidewall going down almost to the rim) over the bumps. Teucci lost a tire. Etc.

Don't have anything good to say about the slalom, other than it was the tightest I have seen in my 20 years of autocrossing. We walked them off at 3 paces, so about 18-20 feet between cones. Most groups have a 45' spacing minimum. Some pictures.

Lots of this...

Too much full lock steering. Also, I had to use 1st in 4 places. I almost never feel the need to use 1st.

Teucci after cutting the tire.

We did get some great "test data" after test fitting the new 18x10/265/35/18 combination on my M3 (just on the back for now, but they fit up front as well). Fenders rolled only.

Comment

TMS Pictures are here.

Amy knocked down (edit) 3rd place in STU with a 59.5 sec run. The final results didn't have here in STU or STU-L but they said they would fix that before they posted final results online.

MadMel!

Me in Hanchey's STi

McCall and Me in the same corner

Cody's LeanMachine!

Silly Fast Mark Berry

McCall, all loaded up

We took 221 pics with Hanckey's NikonD50; thanks to Redwood for taking them. Our friends that came took over 1000 more...
                            Last edited by Fair!; 07-17-2007, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Holy crap! It was damn HOT!

From what I hear, glad I didn't do the BMW event. Anyways, aside from the Sahara slalom, the rest of the road course was a blast. Didn't really concentrate on driving, just burying the foot. Never looked at the tach, but we were into third pretty hard especially, the last run! Checkers or Wreckers!! Wish I knew where the cone was that I hit on that run. Stroh was riding ***** and neither of us could think of a cone that I might have hit. Oh well, sound like Fair now!

turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X