Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Fastrack is out

http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/Fil...april-solo.pdf <-- Solo section

Item of interest under the solo section.

ITEMS UNDER REVIEW
    &#183; ST fender rolling equivalence for non-metallic fenders (ref. 07-004)
    &#183; SCCA Fastrack News April 2007 Page 26
    &#183; BMW E46 M3 in STU (ref. 07-001)
    &#183; SM Hood component removal (ref. 06-295)

ITEMS NOT RECOMMENDED
    &#183; Limited slip differentials in STS2 (ref. 07-010)
    &#183; Porsche 968 in STU (ref. 07-014) <-- good call, didn't even know it was being considered
    &#183; Porsches in SM (ref. 07-014)
    &#183; Ariel Atom in D / E Modified (ref. 06-26
    &#183; Toniq in D / E Modified (ref. 07-049)
    Last edited by Paul; 03-22-2007, 11:15 AM.
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Re: April Fastrack is out

Originally posted by Paul

Item of interest under the solo section.

ITEMS UNDER REVIEW
    · ST fender rolling equivalence for non-metallic fenders (ref. 07-004)
    · SCCA Fastrack News April 2007 Page 26
    · BMW E46 M3 in STU (ref. 07-001)
    · SM Hood component removal (ref. 06-295)
    If that passes, I wonder if Terry gets an E46 M3 ??
    Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
    Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Paul

&#183; BMW E46 M3 in STU (ref. 07-001)
      Very interesting. Sounds like fun!

I think some other signifcant news was posted in the March Fastrack:
      http://www.scca.org/_FileLibrary/Fil...3-fastrack.pdf

14. Street Touring: Add “..and may only provide stiffening along one axis…” to the second sentence of 14.8.M.

So now the rule will read:
      M. Strut bars are permitted with all types of suspension. Strut bars may be mounted only transversely across the car from upper right to upper left suspension mounting point and from lower right to lower left suspension mounting point and may only provide stiffening along one axis. No other configuration is permitted. Additional holes may be drilled for mounting bolts. Only bolt-on attachment is permitted.

So basically unless you have hime joints on your STB, you can't use any aftermarket unit.
      Last edited by McCall; 03-22-2007, 12:02 PM.
      McCall

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
        If that passes, I wonder if Terry gets an E46 M3 ??
        Do eeeeet! Apparently the E36 is falling apart anyway.
        -Sean Martin
        2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by McCall

14. Street Touring: Add “..and may only provide stiffening along one axis…” to the second sentence of 14.8.M.

So now the rule will read:
          M. Strut bars are permitted with all types of suspension. Strut bars may be mounted only transversely across the car from upper right to upper left suspension mounting point and from lower right to lower left suspension mounting point and may only provide stiffening along one axis. No other configuration is permitted. Additional holes may be drilled for mounting bolts. Only bolt-on attachment is permitted.

So basically unless you have hime joints on your STB, you can't use any aftermarket unit.
          Expect further clarification on this. At least one SEB member has called it a mistake.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
            Do eeeeet! Apparently the E36 is falling apart anyway.
            It can't fall apart if it doesn't run

Comment

What are your thoughts on the request-for-comments regarding rescinding the AC-delete allowance in ST?

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by bfitz
                What are your thoughts on the request-for-comments regarding rescinding the AC-delete allowance in ST?

Brian
                I think a/c delete ruins the spirit of "street tire".

Someone in Fargo may not care, but if any car from the South wants the extra edge, the removal of A/C makes it an unstreetable car in the South, versus, purpose built car. I'm laughing as I type this, because I don't know why I am rambling since I don't care to begin with - I just know the LT1 B4C was quite miserable with no a/c and having to notch the frame and all that to clear the a/c compressor... Would Jason still have his Formula if it had A/C ?
                Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."

Comment

Originally posted by bfitz

Brian
                  I guess I like it. As Dean said, a true street car does have A/C (if it was so-equipped with it that is) and that does seem to fall with-in the sprit of the rules. I'm all for any rule that keeps my daily driver still competitive yet truly drivable everyday.

Anything that differentiates ST more from SP is a good thing as well.

Also, good to hear that the SEB may re-think that STB rule. I have to think that anti-letters are pouring in.
                  Last edited by McCall; 03-22-2007, 01:10 PM.
                  McCall

Comment

I think proposal is more in line with what the class should be and was intended to be. So if the car did not have an A/C delete factory option then it should be required.

A lot of people will complain about this but I think long term it is in the best interest of the class.
                    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

I agree, A/C needs to be left in or it's just becoming an SP class with different tires.
                      -Sean Martin
                      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Ha, we wrote a letter asking for E46 M3s in STU. Most people will think that won't matter, but it does have better gearing and a higher rev limit. Car's a little heavy, but it can run a 275 all day long. Hello D-Force 18x10!!

We weighed one at 3100 with hardly any prep, one race seat and SSRs.

A/C should stay in.

"one axis" stuff is insanity. There must be 1000s of bars out there that would fail this (including the ones we're selling).
                        Brian Hanchey
                        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
                          Ha, we wrote a letter asking for E46 M3s in STU. Most people will think that won't matter, but it does have better gearing and a higher rev limit. Car's a little heavy, but it can run a 275 all day long. Hello D-Force 18x10!!
                          Big pimpin! The only way I'd replace the E36 M3 is with an E46 M3. Where can I hide the turbo???

We've been contemplating an E46 forever, and wrote a very detailed letter to the SEB about adding the E46 M#. Maybe its time to put our money where our mouth is...

Originally posted by hancheyb
                          "one axis" stuff is insanity. There must be 1000s of bars out there that would fail this (including the ones we're selling).
                          ARG! This is the dumbest rule revision in the past 20 years. Do you know how many STBs would be made illegal overnight?

As for the A/C delete... man, that's a relief. I hope this passes. Only the fringe crazies have doen this in ST, and yes, allowing a/c delete just pushes the envelope down the SP path of nuttiness.

I wish I had time to cruise and curse on the SCCA forums. I will make time to write a letter or three, though.
                          Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                          2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                          EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
                            We've been contemplating an E46 forever, and wrote a very detailed letter to the SEB about adding the E46 M#. Maybe its time to put our money where our mouth is...
                            DoEET - how else will you do product dev for E46 models ? E36 is soooo last decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
                              DoEET - how else will you do product dev for E46 models ? E36 is soooo last decade.
                              And in 3 years, the E46 will be as well :o
                              -Sean Martin
                              2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Working...
                              X