No announcement yet.

2/25 ER Autox @ MW - Anyone else going?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/25 ER Autox @ MW - Anyone else going?

Anyone else coming to the first ER event of the year? Weather looks to be great - sunny and 67* with only a 10% chance of precip.
    Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Re: 2/25 ER Autox @ MW - Anyone else going?

Nope
    -Sean Martin
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Hmm... not me, not ER at MW...

This reminds me. What events or groups is everyone trying to concentrate on this year? Last year we kind of hit a bunch of different groups' events but never managed to do enough in one class or organization to amount to a sizable sum of class year end points. A little F and G class for BMW, a little STU here and there with SCCA, but not enough times to matter.

If we coordinate better, its always more fun when we go as a larger group to the same regional events (especially when we can terrorize several classes). This year Amy and I are trying to pick a more livable schedule, and concentrate on:
      1. Hitting all of the regional SCCA solo events
      2. Doing the Houston National Tour, Dallas Pro, and National Championships
      3. Hitting all of the TMS solo events
      4. Attending the GRM/NASA Ultimate Street Car Challenge in July!
      5. Doing at least two DEs and attending several NASA events (NASA Texas is growing and we're gonna have 3 local road courses, whoop!)
      6. And for the remainder, entering as many of the BMWCCA solo events as a time permits

...in that order. If ER happens to run at TMS and something bigger doesn't conflict, I'll be there. Miserable Wells? I try to go there as little as possible since its 115 miles door to door, each way.

We just did our mileages/expenses for last year: Amy and I went to 23 different events in 2006, but only 2 happened to be ER events (TMS and Pennington). Not that I don't like ER, we're just overextended and they do too many MW events for my taste. We need to attend more BMWCCA (Hanchey's an officer now, and BMW is the VoMo target audience) and Amy and I want to hit most or all of the SCCA regionals. Between the 3 of us we'll juggle running the M3 and Subaru, and when Scooter's car gets done we'll try to steal that beast as often as we can!

Cody, you seem to concentrate on ER - why them? Just curious. They seem like a great bunch actually, and put on a good show, I just don't care for their pre-registration requirement/discount scheme and cannot afford to get annual memberships in 3 solo clubs times 2 people (Amy and I, SCCA and BMWCCA). The PAX $ is cool, if you have a good PAX for your car or are a fast female.

I know why some of you don't like BMWCCA, so it doesn't even need to be stated. I have even less interest in going to S2000 events or PCA, just 'cause, well, we are choosing our events for particular reasons.

Has anyone put the ER schedule in the VoMo Forums calendar? Or other groups' events?
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

You saw that the SW region is putting on 4 divisionals this year, right? One of them is in Pearsal... which I highly recommend you attend as the surface is similar to that of Topeka.

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
          You saw that the SW region is putting on 4 divisionals this year, right? One of them is in Pearsal... which I highly recommend you attend as the surface is similar to that of Topeka.
          I thought Pearsal was concrete?
          '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
          - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
            Cody, you seem to concentrate on ER - why them? Just curious. They seem like a great bunch actually, and put on a good show, I just don't care for their pre-registration requirement/discount scheme and cannot afford to get annual memberships in 3 solo clubs times 2 people (Amy and I, SCCA and BMWCCA).
            I'm going to run the local ER and SCCA events this year, along with the Houston Tour, possibly the WR tour, and as many divs as I can.

I run ER because I like their system with prereg so I don't have to waste time standing in a long registration line on the event morning, plus I get 10 events for the price of 8. I also like that their events have 6 runs (more seat time for my money), and are well attended by multiple past SCCA national champs and consistent national level trophy winners. And I've said this before but ER has family memberships where you and Amy could join for just $25 total. They'll also SPONSOR YOUR ENTRY TO NATS if you pax well throughout the season and list them as a sponsor on your entry. How cool is that?

My SCCA stock class car classes incredibly poorly in BMWCCA due to their ghey points-based classing rules where camber plates count as much as a catback exhaust, etc. I'll go if there is nothing else going on that weekend, but it's not a priority for me as I don't feel like I leave there with a good idea of if I was driving well or not.
            Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
              I thought Pearsal was concrete?
              Nope... smooth-as-glass asphault

Comment

[*]Attending the GRM/NASA Ultimate Street Car Challenge in July!
                Have you seen the folks trying to get in?

I know you'll be in Independent Study and Varsity, but unless you take a full-on car you're gonna get spanked.

Or are you going to showcase the vomo ls1 kits? Or because you are an advertiser? or....???

Costas

Comment

Originally posted by Shortcutsleeping

I know you'll be in Independent Study and Varsity, but unless you take a full-on car you're gonna get spanked.

Or are you going to showcase the vomo ls1 kits? Or because you are an advertiser? or....???

Costas
                  Where's the list of cars?

NM, I found it. What's up with the negative attitude?? Get spanked? I didn't see any winners in this list.

http://www.cardomain.com/search/ride...reverse&page=1
                  Last edited by hancheyb; 02-21-2007, 01:13 PM.
                  Brian Hanchey
                  AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Costas
                    ouch! Pass the Haterade.

Well, we're trying to go to that for all of the reasons you listed: GRM tie-in, E36LS1 showcase, to see some of the other entries... and hopfully to show well enuf not to be embarrassed. The build time schedule will be tight but its a nice goal to shoot for.

Comment

Negative attitude? Hater? wha????

C'mon guys this is ME. I'm not a hater and I think my track record helping you guys kinda speaks for itself

Let's take a peek at the page:

500rwhp Z06 w/T1 package on slicks.

700hp open track mustang (on cc.com) and is supposedly extremely well driven w/virtually no stock parts.

650hp Camel Gt Imsa 80s Vette.

625hp NSX w/some 'pro' driver.

600hp e36 wagon

675hp dry sump C5, coil overs, big brakes, blah blah

500hp LS7 Factory Five GTM <---frakking scary depending on tires!

This is just the top stuff I gleaned. Unless you get Koenig building here pretty darn quick you are going to go with a stock LSx or maybe a cam/heads version. That will be a decent sized step to the power that a lot of these cars have. VIR has some long straights and you don't get 'clean' laps, you have to take your three 15 minutes sessions and 'make' a clean lap amoungst the 'time trialers'.

I'm not a groupie so I aint gonna blow sunshine up your bums, I'm gonna tell it like it is. To be honest, they need to have an 'under 500hp' and an 'over 500hp' class, but I think they will run it like it stands.

How sure are ya'll about going? I'm considering it and may want to caravan.

Costas

Comment

Yeah yeah. I'm still not all that impressed. E36 wagon is a turbo 4 cylinder, kaBOOM. Don't worry. If we go we'll have a competitive setup and a competitive driver.
                        Brian Hanchey
                        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Negative attitude? Hater? wha????

C'mon guys this is ME. I'm not a hater and I think my track record helping you guys kinda speaks for itself

Let's take a peek at the page:

500rwhp Z06 w/T1 package on slicks.

700hp open track mustang (on cc.com) and is supposedly extremely well driven w/virtually no stock parts.

650hp Camel Gt Imsa 80s Vette.

625hp NSX w/some 'pro' driver.

600hp e36 wagon

675hp dry sump C5, coil overs, big brakes, blah blah

500hp LS7 Factory Five GTM <---frakking scary depending on tires!

This is just the top stuff I gleaned. Unless you get Koenig building here pretty darn quick you are going to go with a stock LSx or maybe a cam/heads version. That will be a decent sized step to the power that a lot of these cars have. VIR has some long straights and you don't get 'clean' laps, you have to take your three 15 minutes sessions and 'make' a clean lap amoungst the 'time trialers'.

I'm not a groupie so I aint gonna blow sunshine up your bums, I'm gonna tell it like it is. To be honest, they need to have an 'under 500hp' and an 'over 500hp' class, but I think they will run it like it stands.

How sure are ya'll about going? I'm considering it and may want to caravan.

Costas
                          hehehe... I hear ya. Again, time is the enemy here. Several factors not in our control could make for challenges. VIR does emphasize power and brakes, and a well sorted T1 car might take it all, over a bunch of half baked hoopties. Still, if we get done in time it sure would be fun to be there.

Comment

...a well sorted T1 car might take it all...
                            Probably not, but it might surprise some of the supid-horsepower guys.

Still, if we get done in time it sure would be fun to be there.
                            Agreed, a great target event to shoot for. I tried to post in the 'ls1-beta' forum but it won't let me so here we are hijacking this thread to Egypt.

Costas

Comment

You will all get pwn3d by this guy:
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2560756

I mean, he says it kicks butt in his web page title

Comment

Working...
                              X