X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCCA Solo School/Event#3 May 6th-7th

Originally posted by Fair!
    Just kidding. You must mean Mark Berry's:

I think he said Kurt Janish built it (Janco Fabrications in Wylie).
    Figured it wasn't yours since it had 710's (and black CCW's) on it I'm planning on overhauling mine soon, but that toolbox looks a bit out of my price range...

Comment

That's my bad. You had no roll-over at all at 47 (!?) psi front, so I suggested a radical drop in pressures... but it was apparently too radical for those tires and your spring rate. Split the difference next time and try 40-42 front and 4-5 psi less out back...

Check pressures between every run!
      Well, before the tires heated up, I was at 42 front, 35 rear. You suggested 36F, 32R. I think next time I'm on that surface, I'll try 40F, 33-34R. I think I could stand a little bit less pressure in the rear to cut down oversteer. It wasn't bad, but 1-2 PSI more difference from the front might make it a little bit more balanced. I'll definitely take a tire gauge with me (as opposed to leaving it in the pits) next time and check pressures in between runs.
      -Sean Martin
      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Fair 53.77, McCall 55.1, Paul 56.0? Something like that. Those were the clean runs on the results sheet, at least.

Those pooping birds.
        I must say that TMS is my favorite site by far. And I'm not just saying that because I finally felt competitive and got a trophy. Actually, before Fair pulled out the great run of 53.77 on his last run, he was sitting at a 54.6 and I was only 4/10ths behind at 55.007. I ran last and of course I put too much pressure on myself and missed the easy 1-2 shift and that threw off my whole run. Oh well, I knew I had a mid 54 in me that day but no 53s! I think Paul did pull out a 55.8 on his last run so he was right there as well.

As far as the bird pooping on Fair(which is fricken hilarious ), just ask him what he was doing?!?! Sleeping!! Yep, he's figured out a great trick on how to get out of standing at a corner station for 1.5+ hours working which is a whipping. You sign up for the clean-up crew! 15-20 mintues of work max and then your done. Of course you have to stay till the end but thats not a bad thing if it's close like TMS or Pennington as you get to chill most of the day. Then during the actual event you can just relax and spectate. Next local SCCA event I'm all over that.
        McCall

Comment

Yep, McCall was in the hunt as they say. After his 3rd run (where he started to close in) I was starting to sweat. Dang it, I shoulda never done those roll ons with him! He'd still have the echo chamber header and be 10-20 hp down...

Jason drove a good event, and if his RX8 "knife" drew blood, than I guess the M3 is the .22 pistol to the STi's .45 semi-auto (that experienced a temporary jam?) I did roll ons with Paul's STi in my RX8 Friday night. OMFG that was ugly. Knife in a gun fight, indeed! 120-140+ hp advantage = teh ouch.
          Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
          2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
          EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Lift that tire!!

Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Rollin rollin rollin, keep that body rollin, rawhide!

Last edited by Redwood; 05-10-2006, 01:41 PM.
              -Sean Martin
              2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Few pics of me.

Well... at least I was looking ahead (did not hit the cone either).

Ouch, those poor tires.

Best time was a 55.2 raw, 55.9 clean.
                '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

No, THIS is body roll (too be fixed very soon)

McCall

Comment

Results are up:

http://autocross.com/tr/tr306.shtml

PAX
                    http://autocross.com/tr/tr306pax.shtml
                    -Sean Martin
                    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Working...
                    X