Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eagles Canyon Motorsports Park

Originally posted by bob tunnell
    If I had a dollar for every story like that I've read over the last 20 years
    I could build my own track.

I wish them well, but Formula One??? They'd need to move the decimel point
    on that $5.3 million over a couple places to the right to build a complex
    suitable for F1.

I'm afraid it's going to be just one more rich guy about to become a little
    less rich. Hope I'm wrong though.

--BT
    BWAhahaha! I missed this post. That massive cost underestimation is for shizzle... $5.3M won't build the shaded grandstands on the main straight! There's the helipads, VIP suites, extensive paddock and garages, food services, water and sewage facilities, massive parking and other costs that can really jack things up, I'd assume. Not to mention nearby hotel and road improvements...
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Construction images updated: http://www.eaglescanyon.com/htm/images.htm
      -Sean Martin
      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
        Construction images updated: http://www.eaglescanyon.com/htm/images.htm
        from the front page it reads: "The first phase of the facility will be completed in the Fall of 2006."

Yet all over the website there is a counter to opening day (currently at 109 days). So I guess September 2006 is out... since September is almost over. Still, they are making progress, and we might get another club level road course outta these guys at least. Gives me motive to get the XP3 car done soon! Track days, here we come.

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
          from the front page it reads: "The first phase of the facility will be completed in the Fall of 2006."

Yet all over the website there is a counter to opening day (currently at 109 days). So I guess September 2006 is out... since September is almost over. Still, they are making progress, and we might get another club level road course outta these guys at least. Gives me motive to get the XP3 car done soon! Track days, here we come.
          Maybe "first phase" and "opening day" are to different things? I'm thinking phase one might just be the laying of the asphalt and the additional phases might include the club house, pits, starter stand, etc.

Either way getting another track that is pretty close is a cool thing
          McCall

Comment

More pictures:
            http://gallery.mistphotography.com/g/racers_ranch

http://racersranch.com/track.html
            Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
            Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

oh boy ... i was just looking on their homepage . Well lets put it like this :

They have quiet a few interessting thoughts about their motorsportranch.

Here are some of the stuff they want to offer additionaly to the racetrack :

Fitness center

• Equestrian center with stables, tack room and grooming facilities

• Horseback riding and walking trails

• Kart track

• Gun club

Ok Kart track ,thats ok
              but a fitness center , horseback riding, walking trails, and Gun club ...

Seriously who of you thought " oh man lets go to the fitness center after a day at the track" or " oh mh lets do Horsebackriding and smell and hear the race cars .."

Seriously , maybe it is just my german mind ,but a few points sound a little bit , well .. mh not well thought of ..

the german

Comment

Originally posted by the german kid
                oh boy ... i was just looking on their homepage . Well lets put it like this :

They have quiet a few interessting thoughts about their motorsportranch.

Here are some of the stuff they want to offer additionaly to the racetrack :

Fitness center

• Equestrian center with stables, tack room and grooming facilities

• Horseback riding and walking trails

• Kart track

• Gun club

Ok Kart track ,thats ok
                but a fitness center , horseback riding, walking trails, and Gun club ...

Seriously who of you thought " oh man lets go to the fitness center after a day at the track" or " oh mh lets do Horsebackriding and smell and hear the race cars .."

Seriously , maybe it is just my german mind ,but a few points sound a little bit , well .. mh not well thought of ..

the german
                That's just how you occupy your non-racing wife while you're at the track.
                -Sean Martin
                2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

well maybe , but I also see how most wifes dont even bother driving up to the track with their husbands

well and those wifes who are interested in that "enviornment" doesnt care about what is going on around the track

Comment

This is NOT Eagles Canyon (outside Denton, TX)... this is Racer's Ranch (outside Terrell, TX). Two very different facilities both under construciton.

Comment

Working...
                    X