Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WingHouse on Wed, 2/15/06 6:30pm - anyone?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WingHouse on Wed, 2/15/06 6:30pm - anyone?

Originally posted by Dean!
    Actually the only single item I took personally was the fact that I "cornered" and "forced" you guys to show up - both you and handkimchee keep focusing on that fact, and I've already re-pasted the original post in this same thread like four times.... You both have brought up, "Next time gives us a heads up before committing us" <-- that's my nagging point, I never committed you - do you think I'm that discourteous of a guy ?
    Neither of us think you did anything malicious or discourteous, just that you implied that someone from "vorshlag would be there to talk about LS1 installs"... we deduced that would have to mean me, and explained why, so we took it to mean something else other than what you meant. Not that big a deal but now there's no more confusion.

Here's reality: 3 total people from LSCBMWCCA will show up. 7 people from Vorshlag show up. We talk about 24 and Lost all night and have good food and beer. Was that worth getting bent out of shape over ?
    Well, probably not. But how would we know only 3 BMW people would show up? It has been mentioned no less than 3 times on the BMW LSC list, including your snippy comment from this morning (rolleyes). And you just did it again with the 7 people from Vorshlag comment. Lets think of a different name, like "V-Forums People" or the like. If there's more V-Forums people there than BMW folks, all the better.

Y'all freaked out over that singular statement thinking this is some PR release in front of 500 investors and news reporters.
    I mentioned in my first post that it was time to kind of put out there what "Vorshlag" really means. I mentioned 2 times for you not to take it personally, but after your LSC remark today you obviously did. Remember, the LSC list includes a lot of local BMW racers, many of which we already do and/or might do business with in the future. We're gonna be really protective of anything you or anyone writes with "vorshlag" tacked onto it, that's all. Say "vorshlag forum people" or something else and it all clears up.

Before the last couple months I couldn't have cared less. Now that we are "too legit to quit", Brian and I want to be the only "Vorshlag" Mouthpieces, for better or worse. Remember: this forum is only located at vorshlag.com and has only been here for a couple of months. This Forum is just us guys. We can call it the Strawberry Shortcake Racing Forum for all I care, just please don't get this forum confused with something else than it is.

I have no hard feelings, really, but if you both call me out, I'll defend my point relentlessly.
    Same here X 2. We can agree that you and I disagreed upon the content and meaning of your LSC posts. If you don't go throwing "Vorshlag" around in your posts we won't care.

P.P.S. Has anyone besides Fair ever posted an E36 LS1 picture (or informational comment) external to BHOT - no, I think it's just Fair, but I presume he's learned his lesson...
    Yes, I have seen posts on the net from other forum people commenting or linking to Vorshlag pictures. I've done it a lot in the past, too, so I can't blame anyone but myself for that. It didn't matter much before.

I wrote the post yesterday about not cross-posting "insider info" (haha) from here on out to make a clear distinction about what's cool and what's not. I'm sure it won't be a problem. Everyone seems to get it. Again, we want to share information and bounce ideas off of the private forum people but don't want to do so with the entire internet. No big deal.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

On another note. There's nothing "fake" about the burning sensation the fake Hooters gives the morning after.
      Brian Hanchey
      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

You beetches swap tampons and come-out fighting

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
          Before the last couple months I couldn't have cared less. Now that we are "too legit to quit", Brian and I want to be the only "Vorshlag" Mouthpieces, for better or worse.
          Okay, hopefully this is the last post in this thread, all of the commotion boils down to this quote above.

There are only two people associated with Vorshlag - Terry and Brian (I thought McCall was one of the original co-founders, but apparently he's been ousted)

I respect the fact that you want to protect your "branding" as much as Aggieland went after the Seattle Seahawks over their "12th Man" - Aggieland didn't want them to dilute their property rights - cool.

Since you warned me for using the word "maybe", please warn Sean as he's about to convert everyone in Battlefield from [BHOT] tags to [Vorshlag] tags - remember, there's only 2 members (you and Brian)

Also, please warn Tommy from further use/association with Vorshlag with his Ultimate GTR racing friends.

We are not agents for Vorshlag.

Just realize that no one here is claiming ANY credit for Vorshlag or is ignorant of the hundreds of manhours devoted for the E36 project or is trying to take any of that away from you - if that's your main concern. It's just natural to use the word "Vorshlag" since that happens to be name of the forum we all browse and post to. 2 months ago, we used the word "BHOT", before "BHOT" we used "TAMSCC guys". You made your point - there are only two "mouthpieces", you and Brian. Fine. Point understood now.

I'll be totally honest about why "we" didn't consider this to be such a big deal that you two would care so passionately about....

I read the press release and I thought it was going to be about WILCO Motorsports and Leon Phelps and Christina Applegate. Reading the quotes from YOURselves in a "Press Release" that YOU released - I thought it was supposed to be entertaining and was a glorified way to say, Yea, we took over Motor-Force's inventory.

I honestly didn't think you two were taking this business stuff so dang seriously - nor did I realize it was really a *real* business. My apologies for not taking it more seriously, but with a press release like that, come on....

I respect your business. I will keep in mind it is a serious business venture and wish the two of you the best of luck in your endeavours.

Godspeed.
          -Dean!
          Last edited by Dean!; 02-16-2006, 12:06 PM.
          Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
          Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

And with that, the thread is CLOSED.
            Last edited by Fair!; 02-16-2006, 08:46 PM.
            Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
            2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
            EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
            X