This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCCA @ Pennington this weekend

I heard Paul cheated. I'm reminded of something that we all signed up for years ago.

"Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal nor tolerate those who do."
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by duck
      Where the heck was everyone this morning anyway!?
      I bet you lamers don't even show up the rest of the year...sheesh!
      :O

The car Gods did not have me in their favor this weekend.
      Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

"Faaat carrrrr on a little courrrrse!" It was a handful and traction issues made it better for drifting. 12th overall in the after-pax street tire all-inclusive class behind a bunch of Miatas and MR2's and other lighter, nimbler cars. But it was fun.

I should have just drifted my last run rather than being frustrated but I was trying to beat a GTO with race tires on. I was .8 behind him but nobody's (well, except Paul's) R-compounds were heating up so he might have beat me by even more on a warmer day. He's a regular so not bad on a driver-to-driver comparison. Then again, he was smooth but slow. I was all over the place so I guess he's just slow so I don't feel so good about being somewhat close to his time anymore.
        "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
        http://www.duckfest.net

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
          I heard Paul cheated. I'm reminded of something that we all signed up for years ago.

"Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal nor tolerate those who do."
          Paul is definitely the king of squirrels. Took full, extreme, more-than-fair advantage of last run, car-swapping, tire warmer situation. Then back-to-back-to-back runs, jumping the whole grid. Pretty lame, but he had to do something to catch up the 2 second deficit. Maybe it was just a "magic run".

Seriously, next year that crap won't fly. The competition is getting too close in STU for the amateur hour grid jumping and car swapping. I am bringing a stop watch and I will clock the minimum 5 minutes between co-drivers if the grid marshals can't do the job. And if ANYone ellects to swap cars in our class next year, there better be a f***king mechanical. No more of this "oh, let me try X car, since Y car isn't getting it done today." Run what you signed up to run. Protests at regionals seem petty, but this Ben Castillo car jumping each run crap is getting out of hand.

Originally posted by C3
          Aww, that's crap. I gave you several options - you could have easily made all 4 of your runs and be out of there by 11 am (when 1st run group was finished). I really needed a co-driver that cold day, too. GRRR. YOU SUCK!

McCall, so do you! (called him begging to co-drive, but he didn't want none either)
          Last edited by Fair!; 11-21-2005, 09:33 AM.
          Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
          2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
          EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by duck
            Dean and Cody never show.
            Oh dear lord, this is going to continue all winter isn't it

Comment

Originally posted by C3
              Oh dear lord, this is going to continue all winter isn't it
              Hey..., I'm just going off what I saw.
              "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
              http://www.duckfest.net

Comment

Big props to Punky, who drove her first event on R compounds in 8+ years and punked the 5 car B Stock field. She did well, beating my time in the M3 by 2 tenths, and was only 1 tenth behind Sipe, the fastest non-dual-tire-warmer-grid-jumping-driver in STU (ran on 265 Advans on 18x9.5" SSRs).

She was consistent, pushed hard, drove good lines, and was within 1-2" of each slalom cone (even wobbling a few). Once we add exhaust, alignment, front bar and shocks she should be faster. Needs to learn heel-toe as well, cause these fookin Pennington courses usually have 1st gear pivot cones.

The 2nd place guy with the trailered 350Z on Rs didn't know what to think, when some chick entered open BStock and whipped him by 2 full seconds. He was standing around watching her last run, which she dropped a second on, and was asking "Who is that?!". "Oh, that's my wife. She just got her first set of Rs". "oh??????" He was a good sport, and came by to congratulate her afterwards. I think she was 1 second behind SuperStock (RX7tt) and a few tenths off of the top 2 Miatas in CStock (who looked fast that day; little course).
                Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't there, but I refuse to be a part of the Ben Castillo car changing, grid jumping antics next year. Mr. "I wanna jacket" has to come down to this type of running to be competitive? Paul, that won't get you your jacket. Practice like you play buddy.
                  Brian Hanchey
                  AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
                    Originally posted by C3
                    Aww, that's crap. I gave you several options - you could have easily made all 4 of your runs and be out of there by 11 am (when 1st run group was finished). I really needed a co-driver that cold day, too. GRRR. YOU SUCK!
                    Yeah, I could have made it if I wanted to drive out there and back twice and have to rush around all day long, but I just didn't want to spend my Sunday like that. I still had a ton of cleanup from Saturday's Infiniti brake job and BMW steering hose clusterfsk to get to anyway. I do appreciate the offer to swap work assignments, but it just wasn't happening. Tired, frustrated, and rushed are not good mental states to be in when trying to autox well.

Comment

Good job Punky!! That guy with the blue 350 is a CLOWN - he got dead last at the MW Divisional - so smacking him down convincingly is very nice!! Will be fun to run against her/yall next year!!

Comment

Both of you can go **** yourselves. Call me thin skinned if you want.

Jeremy Foley came up and asked me if he could run his last two runs in my car. As I was finally getting heat in the tires I wanted to say no, didn't have any water with me. I have a problem saying no to people who ask me nicely.
                        So I said yes. He ran to the bathroom and when his turn came up, he was nowhere to be seen. So I went instead. It ended up being a cluster after that because Jeremy got there late.

Hindsite, I can respect Terry's complaint, it is valid. Keep in mind he didn't make it until well after the last heat was over and had time to think about it. Not only that but the first two runs I made on an illegal ECU map. Not one of my better days.

I will never allow another driver in my car unless it is decided apon prior to the race(at least one day prior). This is the second time I have allowed another driver in my car mid race and it has upset people and radically changed the standings. Including bumping other people down a spot and once even myself.

What I really liked about the whole event was how my friend Terry Fair not once said anything encouraging or remotely nice. Not once did he offer comment or advice or critique. He went straight to the "cheater" comments after the event was over.

I admit the run Jeremy took between my 3rd and 4th run prolly helped the tires. Or maybe it was just dumb luck. But we all know it wasn't the driver. The driver isn't capable.

Brian, you were not there, so you have no room to comment. Only people who were there have a legitimate complaint.

Good job Amy, you kicked ass! Your line, especially on your last run looked great.
                        '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

This is the Internet, I can talk all I want whether I was there or not. And I can say if it happens when I'm there, I'll protest. As silly as that sounds we're all running a competitive class and pulling stunts like that is unacceptable. It offers no one a true representation of where everyone sits including you.

They don't call the first driver "tire warmer" for nothing. You knew it was an advantage to let someone drive before you and you knew driving back to back was even better.

Not letting someone drive because you didn't have water when it was 50 degrees out? Come on, you need a better excuse than THAT. There's no getting heat into tires on a day like yesterday, a well known fact.
                          Brian Hanchey
                          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
                            They don't call the first driver "tire warmer" for nothing. You knew it was an advantage to let someone drive before you and you knew driving back to back was even better.
                            Guess what... you are wrong on that statement. I didn't know and he didn't drive first.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                            - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

hahaha
                              Brian Hanchey
                              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

This issue will be solved shortly.

- Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Working...
                                X