Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys got beat by that ^

Comment

So yesterday a friend came over and we swapped over a bunch of stuff from the white car to the black car. First things first, we pulled the front sway bar. I pulled the endlinks off on my end and slid him the tools under the car.

"Hey, Tommy?"
      "Yeah?"
      "How tight are these endlinks supposed to be?"
      "Pretty darn snug."
      "Oh. So barely finger tight is bad?"

Turns out the driver's side endlink had come loose and had even wallowed around tearing up the threads. I'm thinking this could easily explain the horrible push I had at Nationals. It could also explain why the car did surprisingly well in the wet....at least regarding the front end.

Fortunately, I got some *cough* Ground Control *cough* endlinks for free-fitty-free from a "sponsor" of last year's Nats. MPACT gave $50 to trophy finishers from last year for running their sticker. Rich and I did. $100 spending money (Rich donated his half to the cause since they didn't have VW stuff).

Anyway, I guess it was good to know about. Still frustrating to think I could've done better. Honestly, I'm not sure how much this hurt the car, but hopefully I won't find out again!

Tommy
      2001 Jeep Wrangler
      2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
      Front LCA Bushing Swap
      E36 Custom Cat Back
      M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
      Diff Swap

Comment

I never realized I was picking up a wheel.

'11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Looks like it's about to squirt on the cone...

Comment

You were doing it on the North course too.
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Dang, those are good pictures. Very helpful for tuning! I think the added grip of the Forbes Field concrete made all sorts of different stuff happen!
              Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
              2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
              EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
              X