No announcement yet.

Mazda Rev It Up aka ZoomZoom Live

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in but MeL (who it was really for) is out because she scheduled a trip to CA this weekend

I'm up for lunch before hand. Let's say we meet at 12:00 at my place and do lunch/drive over.
    McCall

Comment

I'm out for a wedding.
      '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
      - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by McCall
        I'm in but MeL (who it was really for) is out because she scheduled a trip to CA this weekend

I'm up for lunch before hand. Let's say we meet at 12:00 at my place and do lunch/drive over.
        Does that mean I'm no longer fixing her mom's computer on Sunday since we were all supposed to go over there for lunch?
        -Sean Martin
        2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

I'm out. Forgot all about it and made other plans.
          2001 Jeep Wrangler
          2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
          Front LCA Bushing Swap
          E36 Custom Cat Back
          M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
          Diff Swap

Comment

Grand Prairie Top Times
            Saturday Sunday
            JESSICA I 29.507 sec JON W 29.786 sec
            CLAY H 29.841 sec JASON L 30.126 sec
            JON F 29.900 sec CONNIE T 30.127 sec
            SEAN G 29.930 sec JOHN D 30.267 sec
            MATT W 29.953 sec TERRY F 30.319 sec
            RAFAL L 29.967 sec JEFF S 30.592 sec
            BECKIE D 29.968 sec RICH K 30.624 sec
            MASON M 29.990 sec IAIN P 31.042 sec
            WILL A 30.014 sec LAUREN D 31.049 sec
            JORDON M 30.146 sec DUANE G 31.061 sec
            -Sean Martin
            2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

We had a BLAST! Lots of fun. We had a guy here from work, David and 3 of his co-workers, plus Amy and myself. Wish we had signed up for Saturday with you guys (doh!) and/or had gone earlier on Sunday to get more timed runs. I had the lowest time on the "challenge" course for the hour we ran, a 30.3. I saw a local Miata autocrosser run a 29.9 the hour before. Still way off the weekend best of 28.9... They said the times slowed later each day (increasing temps), so my 4:30pm best run has built in excuses. :]

Amy did a best of 31.1, which was pretty quick according to the announcer (and Trans Am champ) Stu Hayner. He embarrassed her a LOT and asked her to make a second run for the crowd... it was a trip, he was commentating the whole time ("See, watch her there...she's looking way ahead and not even seeing the corner she's in! And she's SMOOTH!"), but she didn't crack under pressure and managed to drop 6 tenths on her second "commentary" run, and that was in an automatic no less. She also rocked the "3 balls" competition on her first try - matched the ideal time as well as kept em all in the bowl! Took me 3 tries, but I finally beat her time w/o losing any balls! :]

She also got closer to the ideal time on the "match" event than any of us that went Sunday (less than .3 s) I was 2 seconds too fast on my 1st try, then my 2nd try I stalled 2 seconds after the start then coasted for 2 seconds at the finish, and was still 0.8 seconds too fast (in in the Mazda 3). I am not a good bracket racer! Only my two "50" point showings and a 15 pointer in the match event kept me ahead of her in overall points... .whew. I won an "hourly winner" hat, Amy got a GT4 game for the PS2, and we all got shirts.

I think I recruited 4 or 5 or so people to come autocross... SCCA missed a golden recruiting opportunity. Next year they need to coordinate with Mazda and have a table out there. There's a lot of stuff on the "zoom zoom" website,
              including our times and pics. Great event; now I'm even more pissed that I missed the last 2 Rev It Ups!
              Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
              2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
              EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
                She also rocked the "3 balls" competition on her first try - matched the ideal time as well as kept em all in the bowl! Took me 3 tries, but I finally beat her time w/o losing any balls! :]
                She's a natural at handling balls and she can drive too! Go Fair!
                -Sean Martin
                2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

They're supposed to have pictures posted today from the end of the performance runs. They had a flash and a camera box set up at the end in case you didn't notice. Like the rollercoaster pics at Six Flags. They had a sign at the exit that said check the webpage for them but no other details. Check it out.
                  "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin
                  http://www.duckfest.net

Comment

Originally posted by duck
                    They're supposed to have pictures posted today from the end of the performance runs. They had a flash and a camera box set up at the end in case you didn't notice. Like the rollercoaster pics at Six Flags. They had a sign at the exit that said check the webpage for them but no other details. Check it out.
                    Mine is up
                    -Sean Martin
                    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Working...
                    X