BMW Autocross Event this Saturday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never been so happy with the way the car handled. Coming in 2nd to Hanchey is fine by me. I don't think I've ever been within 2 seconds of him when it was dry. It was a weird course. I never could get around that pivot cone very well.

Too bad I have to find out what happened to the clutch before the next race. Good thing I have 3 weeks.

Comment

Good to hear a BMW set top time at a BMW event for a change.

Embarrassing how slow the Corvette entrants were... and always are there.

Congrats to Hanchey. Jeremey was close, though, so you better step it up!

Dean - can I come by tonight and borrow two of the gold BBS wheels? The tires are dismounted, right? I'll give you a call...
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

v'y' Total Entries: 12
        1T 90 Bedell, Brad 2000 Toyota MR2 Silver 108.316 - -
        2T 66 magyar, paul 2005 Subaru WRX STi Silver 112.864 4.548 4.548
        3T 64 Harris, Brian 2003 Mitsubishi Evo 118.739 5.875 10.423
        4T 81 Kazi, Aqib 1998 Honda Prelude Type SH Flamenco Black Pearl 120.170 1.431 11.854
        5 42 Butler, Mark 2005 Lotus Elise Ardent Red 121.100 0.930 12.784
        6 179 Denk, Jeremy 1994 Mazda Miata Black 122.543 1.443 14.227
        7 60 Page, Jonathan 1999 Honda Prelude Type SH White 124.264 1.721 15.948
        8 256 Rustad, Zac 1995 Audi S6 125.905 1.641 17.589
        9 726 Ray, Joseph 1985 Porsche 911 Red 125.947 0.042 17.631
        10 182 kurtz, jeff 1993 Dodge Stealth 128.150 2.203 19.834
        11 197 Wallis, Rob 2004 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T Silver 134.505 6.355 26.189
        12 52 Bischoff, Alex 2000 Oldsmobile Alero Silver dns 134.505 108.316
        OK, Brad Bedell was on R compounds.

I was first in class and second on street tires overall. The 318ti with the M3 motor was faster.
        '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

AND Brad has a Celica GTS motor with headers, tuning and intake in a 2100 pound car.

What was up this weekend? Everyone I talked to was a total ego maniac including Brad. Telling me how he mopped up the Ultimate Street Car Challenge with 3 events to go. "I could have gone home and not even run the last three events!" Let me get this straight, you won a competition where a bunch of rice boyz show up with stock cars with WAY to much boost, blow themselves all up, you win because everyone else blew up? So that makes you da man??

I talked to a M3 guy bragging about his car. Yeah, I track now and I'm going to start Club Racing. Most guys blow off autocrossing, but not me, I'm still going to do it. Gee, thanks stud!! I won X class in a Spec Miata last event too. Wee! Just seemed weird. I actually made an effort to talk to more people, so maybe that's my fault for finding out what some of those guys are really like.
          Brian Hanchey
          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

That's it. Count me in for the next BMW event at MW.

A guy here knows Bedell. I'm going to relay the story. I think he'll get a kick out of it!

T
            2001 Jeep Wrangler
            2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
            Front LCA Bushing Swap
            E36 Custom Cat Back
            M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
            Diff Swap

Comment

Actually Brad has always been nice to me and never seemed cocky. He was also the one who told me he was on r-compounds. Unless I am thinking of the wrong guy. Considering he and I have run within 10ths of each other in the past, I am sure I am thinking of the right person.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
              - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Hopefully they'll fix that. That would suck to lose a class to a driver that was on race tires. I know Brad usually runs street tires, so hopefully he told them that he switched.

Comment

I emailed Mark Williams about it, he answered and clarified everything.

Brad's car has a 1.8 liter Celica GTS motor as I understand...
                  IIRC, the motor is a European model motor that was swapped in
                  place of the stock item... as such, the car would start in class "X"
                  and R tires move him up to class "Y" He actually declared for
                  class "Y" the first couple of events even though he was on
                  street tires...

to add insult to injury, our computer added 2 seconds per
                  cone, so his time actually is 107.316 . I'll be sending out
                  the updated results in a moment.. I don't believe that it
                  really affected the standings in any other classes (most
                  people's best run is clean) but it did for him.
                  So I guess I got second. =/

I guess the 1100 pound weight difference AND R-compounds really showed up on this event.

- Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Paul

I was first in class and second on street tires overall. The 318ti with the M3 motor was faster.
                    Brad's car is a Y class car..he is normally in X...
                    Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
                    Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!

Dean - can I come by tonight and borrow two of the gold BBS wheels? The tires are dismounted, right? I'll give you a call...
                      Tires are dismounted, but I still have them, they actually look pretty good..I think the 335/30/18 are Michelin Pilot Sports !! Those aren't cheap....

I think I'd rather get the centers painted and sell the Wheels on Ebay, but you can test fit them if you want to know the specifications for some CCWs or something....
                      Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Williams
                        to add insult to injury, our computer added 2 seconds per
                        cone, so his time actually is 107.316 . I'll be sending out
                        the updated results in a moment.. I don't believe that it
                        really affected the standings in any other classes (most
                        people's best run is clean) but it did for him.

I updated the results posting with the fixed results that Mark sent out.
                        -Sean Martin
                        2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
                          Originally posted by Paul

Brad's car is a Y class car..he is normally in X...
                          My bad. I guess the extra 130HP and AWD didn't help CB.

Comment

Tires are dismounted, but I still have them, they actually look pretty good..I think the 335/30/18 are Michelin Pilot Sports !! Those aren't cheap....

I think I'd rather get the centers painted and sell the Wheels on Ebay, but you can test fit them if you want to know the specifications for some CCWs or something....
                            Perfect. I'll call ya tonight and swing by and grab two of them. Goign to look at a car with my father-in-law and will swing by when we are near ya. "I might need directions..."
                            Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                            2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                            EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!

Perfect. I'll call ya tonight and swing by and grab two of them. Goign to look at a car with my father-in-law and will swing by when we are near ya. "I might need directions..."
                              Don't forget to take pictures!!!! I wanna see how crazy they stick out, based on the pics of the C4 ZR1's !!!! hehehehe

I might have a 305/30/18 up front (and 335/30 rear), you can mount the tires if you want to check for total clearance, but you gotta get them dismounted so I can get 'em painted....

Comment

Link for Dean.

Comment

Working...
                                X