Compressed Air : Garage Air Line Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressed Air : Garage Air Line Kit

Eastwood is now selling a "Garage Air Line Kit" that utilizes Nylon 1/2" tubing (for 150 psi use), push-lock connections, wall mountable aluminum manifolds and the associated fittings. Price isn't terrible, and with the cost increases in copper and steel pipe its probably a lot cheaper.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...emType=PRODUCT = $170 currently

This is a complete compressed air distribution system that is designed to easily install beneath walls of new construction, or on wall surfaces of existing workshops. ...

The true display of ease and reliability of the system is the instant fittings. All fittings work by simply pushing the tubing firmly into the fitting to seal. If removing the tubing is desired, push in evenly on release button and pull tubing out of fitting. Most system users find they can install their system in just hours.
    Hanchey just sent me the link above and we're thinking about installing this. We use compressed air air for various things, from 80 to 125psi, but its usually at a fairly low volumes (air tools). We just ordered two kits so I'll post up pictures and thoughts after we install them.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: Compressed Air : Garage Air Line Kit

I'm pretty sure that I can piece something like this together for under $100. Grainger and McMaster Carr come to mind. Of course, I was spoiled when I was in San Diego when I found Marshal's hardware. They had every imaginable piece of hardware and specialty tool at cheap prices...and I'm not talking Harbor Freight junk either.
    Gary Hood

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man
      I'm pretty sure that I can piece something like this together for under $100. Grainger and McMaster Carr come to mind. Of course, I was spoiled when I was in San Diego when I found Marshal's hardware. They had every imaginable piece of hardware and specialty tool at cheap prices...and I'm not talking Harbor Freight junk either.
      Well... maybe. I used similar stuff in former jobs before. Its usually not this cheap with everything they include.

http://www.hoseline.net/hose/pushon.htm = hose is $3.00/foot (the Eastwood kit has 100' of hose included in the $170 kit, with 2 manifolds and lots of fittings. Rated at 150 psi)

Parker and other makers produce all sorts of push lock fittings for this type of system and I can even get most of this at my local Fastenal... but the hose they package this kit with is way less than PEX, and the overall price is affordable from what I've seen. I am pretty sure I couldn't get the manifolds and lines and fittings they have here for $170. I priced some of this stuff recently for a piece of pneumatic equipment and it was more than this stuff...

Admittedly the Eastwood kit is likely no-name Chinese supplied everything... just easier to get this kit than spend time researching all of the applicable parts needed and then run around getting the best prices.

Comment

You've actually got me started thinking about my garage as well. When I get to San Diego tomorrow, I'm going to go over to Marshal's and build my own kit. I'm making a grocery list of parts and the layout I want and will post my results when I get back.
        Gary Hood

Comment

Depending on the line size, you should be able to go to a Napa and get everything you need. I would be interested in what size the line measures. All of the current tractor trailer air systems have gone to this nylon line.

turbo

Comment

Mine came yesterday. I didn't open it yet.
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

I opened my package last night... will try to install this all over the weekend:

Here's what came in the $170 kit

Looks like its 1/2" Nylon tubing

When I bought the kit form Eastwood I stumbled upon the Wonder Winder for $20. I love the ones I've bought before and got another for the other side of the shop. Holds 100' of cord and its the easiest, most reliable retracting mechanism ever. You just wind the crank and in comes the cord. Easy. All of the spring loaded ones I have used eventually break. I have one in the shop that's 8 years old and still works great, and they make great Christmas gifts! They used to come with a 100' cord but not anymore; no biggie.

Have several new IKEA cabinets to build and hang in the office, too. We're running out of room so we're covering every inch of wall space with cabinets or racks, up to the 12' ceiling!

Comment

Working...
              X