Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bridgestone RE01Rs

Originally posted by Teucci
    so how did the shaved tires work compared to the full tread?? Any data? I'm thinking about buying some of the bridgestones for street tires.
    After 5 events on mine (full tread) I really like them. They are also VERY quiet on the street.

Comment

Re: Bridgestone RE01Rs

We had ours shaved to 4/32" and they are "better" than at full tread with mold release still on them, but I think the Advan AD07 is still a better tire. The responsiveness sucks. Didn't get any DL1 data at the Div (long story) but we will do back-to-back testing at this weekend's practice event with an old set of 255/40/17 AD07s against the new 265/35/18 RE01Rs. Not a totally fair comparison, of course, but its something.

Just looked at prices and the RE01R in 265/35/18 is $30 cheaper than the AD07 now that the rebates have passed. Ended up being about $250 cheaper when it had a $100 MIR. The base prices keep creeping up on the Bridgestones, too...

How much street driving you plan on doing in the LS1 E36?? I'd look at something cheaper/stickier... maybe that new Hankook or the Toyo R888 (?) or some other 2nd tier R compound tire. With that much grunt you are gonna hate AD07s or RE01Rs. They are only fractionally better than a Falken RT615.
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
      X