X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STU is official for 2007!!

"You better recognize!"

This is form 5 minutes ago in Topeka, KS:

We just heard, before we could give our fiery speeches at the Nationals Town Hall meeting - STU IS A RECOGNIZED CLASS STARTING JANUARY 2007!!

With 49 in STU Open, and great numbers at Tours and Pros, they couldn't NOT recognize us next year.

Our journey is complete... =)

BP did not make numbers again and WILL change next year. STS2 did not have enough for 07 recognition.

FAIR, OUT!
    Last edited by Fair!; 09-29-2006, 10:00 PM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: STU is official for 2007!!

Do we even care about STS2? Now you've got to get the E46 M3 in STU!
    -Sean Martin
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

I got the new SportsCar mag yesterday (Nov '06) and the cover says "Street and Compete, Win Sunday Drive Monday" In the contents it says "An inside look at a Nationally Competitive STU Street Car". The main story says "The Making of a street-driven and autoross-prepared Mitsubishi Evo." It also lists all the parts on the car. Go, Jason Go!
      -Sean Martin
      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood
        I got the new SportsCar mag yesterday (Nov '06) and the cover says "Street and Compete, Win Sunday Drive Monday" In the contents it says "An inside look at a Nationally Competitive STU Street Car". The main story says "The Making of a street-driven and autoross-prepared Mitsubishi Evo." It also lists all the parts on the car. Go, Jason Go!
        Too bad they didn't pick a fast Evo for that story. Jake's RS is barely modified and it was 2nd fastest on Day 2.
        Brian Hanchey
        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
          Too bad they didn't pick a fast Evo for that story. Jake's RS is barely modified and it was 2nd fastest on Day 2.
          Oh contraire, he is heavily modified and lots of development this year. Maxed out in the power side (since he owns an AWD dyno and tunes it himself, he also tuned Brandon's STi and Mark Berry's Evo). He is also running a $3400 set of Zzyzzx coilovers, the first set ever for Evo's. Also I think Jerry was fastest (51.247) on the West course driving Jake's Evo. He is however missing all the pimpy stickers that make him look fast.

Richard mentioned the photoshoot for SportsCar was right before he came out for Nationals. He told me they used him because he was close to their office or something like that.
          '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
          - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

I just meant, the car had suspension and power, but that was it. No giant wing, race seats, unstreetable parts, big stickers. Richard James is the editor of SportsCar. He was Terry's roommate in college and he said the same thing. Richard Jung was close and it looks good.
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

You know, all this talk about Evo's is giving me car envy. Now I want one. =/
              '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
              - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Working...
              X