Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 RX8 for sale (Fair's)

For Sale Page: http://www.vorshlag.com/rx8.php

Please take a look at the page. Feel free to make suggestions or corrections before I post this link to various forums. Thanks!

note: I did a nationwide AutoTrader "power search" with the following variables:
    • 2005 Mazda RX8
    • manual (6-spd = 238hp engine + 18" wheels, sport susp & brakes)
    • under 15,000 miles (ours has 11,000)
    • Only listings with prices
    • Any Distance

Prices ranged from $20,950 to $28,998 for 108 total listings. My asking price of $23,000 is at the low end of the range. Granted, this is a fairly low option car (exceptions: factory SIRIUS sat. radio and custom hitch added). Am I asking the right price?

Thanks for any input.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: 2005 RX8 for sale (Fair's)

Ask more to start Terry, you aren't in a hurry to sell so start high.
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

http://sccaforums.com/forums/201691/...ad.aspx#201691 - SCCA forum post (they allow full HTML coding... uh-oh!!)

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=205036024 - autotrader ad

http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.ph...18#post1441618 - RX8 forum (thanks for the reminder, Jason and Redwood)

please pimp it, people!
      Last edited by Fair!; 07-12-2006, 09:36 PM.
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Ad looks GREAT! Also, don't forget the RX8 forum.
        McCall

Comment

IMHO, I would take the vorshlag.com URL out of the AutoTrader ONLY ad and just not ever mention the car was raced unless asked.

Basically, you have two audiences, the racers (SCCA forums, this list, car enthusiasts, tamscc peeps) and then the rest of the demographics - joe schmo that wants an RX8.

Joe Schmo won't want an RX8 that has been "raced and abused" - he wants a clean RX8 for a good deal and will likely pass on a "raced RX8" versus the 35 year old house mom that wanted a pretty car but is now pregnant with triplets.

Most RX8 owners don't autocross, but they DO love their forums and car shows, so in the RX8 forum, I would create a second page with zero mention of racing, but all of the same pictures. If they ask why you have a trailer hitch, say...you love McCalls' lakehouse and you love mountain biking (they'll infer the reasons.....(jet ski and or bike rack))

So 2 marketing approaches....same car.
          Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
          Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Dang, Dean. You must have sold a used car or two. Hey, maybe you were a used car salesman in a previous life!
            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by beavis
              Dang, Dean. You must have sold a used car or two. Hey, maybe you were a used car salesman in a previous life!
              Only 16 in the last 5 years. hehehe... 3.2 cars a year!

Let's see...
              97 M3 (bought/sold in 9 days for $3k profit)
              96 C a p r i c e (6spd)
              94 C a p r i c e (to Jeremy, bought it back)
              04 STi
              94 C a p r i c e
              92 B4C (Jason's)
              90 Talon (Justin's)
              87 RX7
              94 Corvette (From Jordon!)
              96 Corvette
              03 Avalanche
              02 Lightning
              01 Lightning
              98 Formula
              94 C a p r i c e
              96 C a p r i c e (Ramey's)
              Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
              Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Working...
              X