X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm broke!

Originally posted by John in Houston
    When are you mounting tires on them?
    Well, I was going to wait on my new Falkens, but that might be a while. I'm going to take a tire off my Koseis and mount it tomorrow.
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
      Well, I was going to wait on my new Falkens, but that might be a while. I'm going to take a tire off my Koseis and mount it tomorrow.
      I need to get my new wheels/tires mounted up as well. Where are you going?
      McCall

Comment

Discount at Spring Creek and Central. I was thinking about approaching them with a discount structure or something for Vorshlag users? A free plug on the blog? We'll see what he/she says.
        Brian Hanchey
        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Discount at Spring Creek and Central. I was thinking about approaching them with a discount structure or something for Vorshlag users? A free plug on the blog? We'll see what he/she says.
          Well, if you want me to go with you with my stuff to show more potential business, let me know.
          McCall

Comment

Frank, the manager, was not there today. I talked to an assistant and he said they used to do that for the S2k club so it may be promising. I'll let ya know. If you go by there when Frank is there, ask for him and tell him you're a member of the Vorshlag club. That's how I was approaching it, a club discount, etc.
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Tell them you autocross and got the tires from discountdirect.

-Paul
              '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
              - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Giddee up!! Looks like my calculations were correct. Time to go order two more wheels and 15mm spacers.

http://hamkimchee.smugmug.com/gallery/999697/7/52870359

Brian Hanchey
                AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Have you driven on them?? That's awesome!

T
                  2001 Jeep Wrangler
                  2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                  Front LCA Bushing Swap
                  E36 Custom Cat Back
                  M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
                  Diff Swap

Comment

I only mounted one so I didn't want to go far, but I drove the same loop when it was on the front and rear, violent transitions, some bumps, not a peep out of 'em. It was weird on some new asphalt you could totally tell turn in with the side that had the Falken. I'm sure it would be that way on any wheel next to my M+S Pirellis, but it was encouraging!!
                    Brian Hanchey
                    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Very encouraging. Hope you can get the other two before the 28th...
                      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

So how different are these from the 17x9.5 Z06 wheels y'all had test fitted? That might be an affordable option for DSP wheels one day.

Tommy
                        2001 Jeep Wrangler
                        2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                        Front LCA Bushing Swap
                        E36 Custom Cat Back
                        M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
                        Diff Swap

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy R
                          So how different are these from the 17x9.5 Z06 wheels y'all had test fitted? That might be an affordable option for DSP wheels one day.

Tommy
                          Z06 wheels needed a big, custom spacer to work. This spacer would also have to fix the hub size mismatch between the wheels but still couldn't fix the >1mm difference in bolt circle. Custom, custom, custom.

Still... it's tempting. They looked SO good! But "affordable" Z06 wheels are repros, which are heavier and weaker. "Real" Z06 fronts are more expensive and harder to find in GOOD shape...
                          Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
                          2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
                          EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Let me know when they arrive so I can plan when to steal your car

Congrats!
                            Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

is THIS the rear of your car?

You going off-roading or something? Man, that ride height is up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fair!
                                Very encouraging. Hope you can get the other two before the 28th...
                                Waaaahaaaaahaaaahaaa.... from John... at CCW? Waaaahaaaaahaaaahaaa

Comment

Working...
                                X