Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autocross TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY this Sunday, Oct. 8

Autocross TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY this Sunday, Oct. 8

Porsche Maverick Region's CHARITY Autocross. All proceeds benefit the Hope Shelter.

http://mav.pca.org/events/Calendar.asp?Month=October

The registration page is pretty awful, but go online at:

www.clubregistration.net

I already emailed the officers about www.dlbracing.com and they were trying to mimic it...I was thinking...just pay Donovan, his site is great.
    Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
    Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Re: Autocross TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY this Sunday, Oct. 8

<edit> That is where I am going.
    Last edited by Paul; 10-03-2006, 07:32 AM.
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
      There is a real auto-x event the same day with ER at Mineral Wells. That is where I am going.
      Enjoy your 3-4 runs with 1 hour between runs all day and $10 extra for 2 'rapide pax' runs.

I'll make the quick trek to TMS, for the *CHARITY* autocross with 8 runs for $25 and probably 60 cars total and be driving home by 2pm, like with the Honda S2000 Club last Saturday.

If you need the competition, try to consistently set TTOD at the PCA and BMWCCA events out of all of the cars there - have you ever done that once ? Victory is sweeter if you can do it on 1.2g street tires....
      Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."

Comment

I'm 1 for 1 at PCA events... I'll admit, it was pretty sweet to do that in an STX car, but I couldn't confirm it until the results were posted 2-3 weeks later. Still, top spot in Rapide Pax would be MUCH sweeter.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by bfitz
          I'm 1 for 1 at PCA events... I'll admit, it was pretty sweet to do that in an STX car, but I couldn't confirm it until the results were posted 2-3 weeks later. Still, top spot in Rapide Pax would be MUCH sweeter.

Brian
          But you're car less.
          Brian Hanchey
          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by Dean!
            Enjoy your 3-4 runs with 1 hour between runs all day and $10 extra for 2 'rapide pax' runs.

I'll make the quick trek to TMS, for the *CHARITY* autocross with 8 runs for $25 and probably 60 cars total and be driving home by 2pm, like with the Honda S2000 Club last Saturday.

If you need the competition, try to consistently set TTOD at the PCA and BMWCCA events out of all of the cars there - have you ever done that once ? Victory is sweeter if you can do it on 1.2g street tires....
            And when was the last time you did that? Bought a corvette and you haven't done TTOD yet at the BMW events? Only once at a Porsche event? Well that is one more than me. =)

But you are right about one thing, I am a glutten for punishment and want to race the best drivers I can find. If that means driving to MW and playing with the big boys, then that is what I will do.

The best I have finished is 2nd in SCCA pax (and there were several National Champions there). Not quite TTOD at a marque event but it will have to do.
            Last edited by Paul; 10-02-2006, 10:22 PM.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
            - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Paul and Dean - both go to Time Out!

ER = usually good competition, overpriced but potential for RapidPAX payback is nice (if you consistently PAX well)
              PCA/S2000/BMWCCA = lots of seat time, little "competition" or rules or organization or consistency

I will always choose anyone's TMS event (aka: it's HPT surface!) over the 2 hour haul out to cheese-grater-surface Mineral Wells tho!
              Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
              2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
              EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Fine, great, see you there. Gonna go drive the bus lot. =P

- Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Y'all are killing me. I'm taking the month off.
                  Brian Hanchey
                  AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
                    And when was the last time you did that? Bought a corvette and you haven't done TTOD yet at the BMW events? Only once at a Porsche event? Well that is one more than me. =)

But you are right about one thing, I am a glutten for punishment and want to race the best drivers I can find. If that means driving to MW and playing with the big boys, then that is what I will do.

The best I have finished is 2nd in SCCA pax (and there were several National Champions there). Not quite TTOD at a marque event but it will have to do.
                    No, I have a few TTOD at PCA this year, but I don't consistently get that, no - still learning/getting seat time in the Vette, I ain't never said I was no Ricky Bobby. In the Evo, Jeremy and I would flip flop TTOD at BMWCCA with 10% the 'investment' you have. In my 04 STi, I think it would be quite a few more TTOD than you at the BMWCCA events, again with 1% the investment you have now.

And who cares about SCCA pax, I've finished second in SCCA pax to Mark Madarash in my 98 Formula a couple times - we all get LUCKY once or twice.

P.S. Just because Fair says TMS is cooler, doesn't mean you have to go to TMS now...you should go to MW and play with the big boys. Sunday's event at TMS is about something more important - Charity for the Hope Shelter.

Comment

I want to forward this email I just received:

All profits go to the Hope Shelter, and AutoBahn Porsche is already sponsoring it, so that means pretty much everything goes to the Hope Shelter.

mav.pca.org and clubregistration.net

-----Original Message-----
                      Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 11:38 PM
                      To: mrpca
                      Subject: Charity AX & Top Driver runoff!

Another fun year of TT & AX is nearly over. This Sunday is our final event. If you have not been out to many of them this year, this is NOT the one to miss!!

1. A fun twist on the event is the "drive whatever you bring". This means, anything goes (provided it passes tech!) - even your larger 4 door family car is fine with me! Please no go-carts, lawn mowers, or tractors this year!

2. All the profit goes to Hope Shelter!!

3. Autobahn Porsche is our sponsor. Not only are they a great sponsor, but this means more money from the AX goes to Hope shelter!

Good luck everyone!!

Hope to see everyone there this Sunday morning. Registration is still open - so sign up and be a part of the fun! The course walk starts around 8am with the drivers meeting around 9am.

Comment

That reminds me of something I wondered about last winter... Why are there no events in Dec. and Jan.??? The weather is typically fine. They even run a winter series in Denver.

Brian

Comment

That reminds me of something I wondered about last winter... Why are there no events in Dec. and Jan.??? The weather is typically fine. They even run a winter series in Denver.

Brian
                          Vorshlag Winter Series! Complete with White Car Challenge
                          Brian Hanchey
                          AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Brian
                            The Houston Region runs Auto-x all year round. My guess is the Texas Region is a punch of bussies

Comment

We're too busy sipping lattes at Starbucks in the winter. Wait, that's where I'm at right now. Dang it!
                              -Sean Martin
                              2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Working...
                              X