Autocross TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY this Sunday, Oct. 8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Autocross TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY this Sunday, Oct. 8

What mods did the Mike Vasey STI have? What size tires?
    Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

He runs 245s. Not sure what he's done since the first time I asked it was "oh, nothing". Then it was "well, I have springs". Now I seem to remember it has camber plates. No telling about hp. Anyway, show up with a STi on Kumhos and you're pretty much going to beat everyone out there.
      Brian Hanchey
      AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
        He runs 245s. Not sure what he's done since the first time I asked it was "oh, nothing". Then it was "well, I have springs". Now I seem to remember it has camber plates. No telling about hp. Anyway, show up with a STi on Kumhos and you're pretty much going to beat everyone out there.
        He is full of crap, he has the newer version of KW coilovers that I have and has had them for quite a while.
        '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
          He is full of crap, he has the newer version of KW coilovers that I have and has had them for quite a while.
          He said "When I talked to him". Not"He told me yesterday that it has springs".

Mike is not a liar. He hasn't always has coilover on the car. His car is very light on mods. I had lunch with him and he doesn't have any engine management stuff. I don't think he has an exhaust either. He can drive and he had 710s.

Dean's vette has plenty of grip and was capable of going much faster than my NDA drove it. If I had a few more events under my belt there is no way that a street tires STI beats it. As it was, going form driving AWD one week and adding throttle to correct loose parts to now pulling throttle to save it was a big difference.

Comment

710s can make anyone a hero. When you go from 1.1g of grip to 1.4, you tend to go faster. I hope we prove that with the XP car.
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Working...
            X