Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston Tour

I only need three!

Now Dean, by now you should have figured out that all of those extra runs aren't helping so you might as well go where the competition is going to be!!!!!!!!!

turbotoddie

Comment

Houston Tour

Originally posted by turbotoddie
      I only need three!

Now Dean, by now you should have figured out that all of those extra runs aren't helping so you might as well go where the competition is going to be!!!!!!!!!

turbotoddie
      After your token spin, you'll only have 1-2 runs left to clean it up!
      Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
      Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Houston Tour

We need a full report!
        Brian Hanchey
        AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Houston Tour

http://www.scca.org/_Filelibrary/Fil...ouston-sun.pdf
          Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Houston Tour

Aggies CLEANED up. Glad I wasn't there to ruin the stats.
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Houston Tour

Well, proved that Hoosier S04s are the suck compared to V710s.

Day 1 was cold in the AM... and of course we ran first heat. Couldn't get any heat in the tires even with 2 drivers (Karen Kraus). I end up 1 second down from Ramey after day one.

Swap tires front to back in the PM and there is no rubber pick up or rocks. Damn, I don't think the El Paso tour did anything for these tires

Day 2 was slightly cooler in the morning. My first two runs were good, but I was all over the place trying to put power down. Tires started to come in at the end of my second run. Karens second run was excellent as the tires were finally warm and the car was starting to work well on them. My 3rd run was fast... but Hyman pulled one off and got by me on his last run which relegated me to 3rd.

Weighed the car... 2968 lbs.

Comment

Houston Tour

John - are you thinking S05, V710, or STU for nats? And how the hell does your car weigh so much?

Comment

Houston Tour

Don't know what I'm going to do for nationals. The V710s most likely won't be available in my size... which means Hoosier S05s. STU is pretty much out of the question right now.

Car was sitting with 15 lbs seats, lightweight battery (Odyssey 680), no rear seat, no spare, nothing in the trunk. Car still has AC and sunroof, CCW wheels and Hoosiers. and very little fuel (less than a 1/4).

How much does your car weigh?

Comment

Houston Tour

Actually, what does HANKIMCHEE's car weigh ??
                    Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."

Comment

Houston Tour

From a previous Hamkimchee post on February 28th: "Mine weighed right at 3000 pounds with Koseis. 2960 with the back seat removed. I'm curious now that I have redone the exhaust and will soon have my Odyssey batt in what it will be. I'm hoping 2920, 2950 maybe if everything is heavier than I thought."
                      -Sean Martin
                      2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Houston Tour

Originally posted by Redwood
                        From a previous Hamkimchee post on February 28th: "Mine weighed right at 3000 pounds with Koseis. 2960 with the back seat removed. I'm curious now that I have redone the exhaust and will soon have my Odyssey batt in what it will be. I'm hoping 2920, 2950 maybe if everything is heavier than I thought."
                        Does handkimchee have a sunroof? He definitely doesn't have lightweight seats...

Comment

Houston Tour

I have no idea how much my car weighs. Its 100% stock except for wheelstuds and a H&R front bar. My driving isn't to the point where it really matters just yet - I was just under the impression (from Hanchey's results mostly) that with the work yours had done to it it would be lighter...

Comment

Houston Tour

Hanchey doesn't have a sunroof and runs 8.5" wheels vs. my 9.0" wheels.

Also, I'm not sure if Hanchey has side airbags or not (can't remember what year).

But, if you subtract 40 lbs from mine (sunroof), then I'm lighter than what Hanchey posted.

FWIW, Hymans Supra was 3280 lbs

Comment

Houston Tour

3280?!?!?! Holy moly!! What a pig! I thought that car was pushing 3000 flat. Oof...

BTW, Hanchey's m3 does not have a sunroof.

T
                              2001 Jeep Wrangler
                              2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
                              Front LCA Bushing Swap
                              E36 Custom Cat Back
                              M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
                              Diff Swap

Comment

Houston Tour

SeanT already posted my weight. Keep in mind John's seats help his car a bunch. If I had seats I'd be in the > 2900 range I'd guess.
                                Brian Hanchey
                                AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Working...
                                X