Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Leichty's S2000 smashes TT records on first outing with ASTs!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Leichty's S2000 smashes TT records on first outing with ASTs!

Aaron Leichty was one of our first S2000 testers on AST 5100s, and it has been a long cold winter waiting for his local NASA chapter to have their first event. Aaron built his car to run in TTC, so he doesn't have many points to play with (all modifications are assigned points and if you exceed a certain amount from your base class you get bumped up to the next faster class.... TTF-thru-TTA->TTS->TTU->TTR). To stay in TTC he has only done single adjustable ASTs/springs, Nitto R compounds (Kumhos and Hoosiers are more points), and a big rear wing. The chalkboard painted trunk is a free mod.

video link

His first Time Trial event was at Putnam Park and it was quite successful: Aaron smashed the track's TTC record by 3 seconds, beat TTB record by over a second and had the old TTA record beat (but it was reset that weekend by a new TTA racer in a Z06). Check the video above.

OK, that chalkboard trunk is pretty cool

They were having fun with that

At the NASA Tech Tent getting re-inspected

After putting down the times he did some competitors wanted to have the tech inspectors tally the points and prove it was only a TTC car, so off to the tech tent he went, and came away confirmed as TTC.

NASA grids the entire run heat of TT cars based on their previous fastest lap time. He ended up being 4th fastest for weekend.

This video is from Sunday. The laps are 1:17.9's. The car was really hooking up... only issue I had was that my front left tire was starting to go away on me and the car wanted to push through turns 9 and 10. As I said before, the shocks were fantastic and really maximized the grip of these Nitto tires. I wonder what Hoosiers would do for the car ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma9XH...e=channel_page
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev
Working...
X