Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nat's Test & Tune Sept. 17-18

http://sccaforums.com/forums/thread/258505.aspx

Don't forget to sign up for the September 17-18 Test and Tune at Heartland Park, Topeka, KS. Send a check to Pro Parts USA for $300/car (2 drivers). This includes a test area on the east side and we will run last year's west side course. Two days September 17 and 18 on the HPT surface rain or shine. Entries are limited to 30 cars and you will get all the test time you can use. We will probably have a classroom session for people to discuss problems with their cars.

As soon as possible email me and send your check to:

Pro Parts USA
    c/o Guy Ankeny
    21345 Deering Court
    Canoga Park, CA 91304
    Telephone: 818-888-8904

Thanks,
    Guy Ankeny
    '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
    - Dr. Clarkson

Re: Nat's Test & Tune Sept. 17-18

OK, autocrossing is finally out of control when you pay $300 to test a car. Maybe we should start charging $400 for the MW practices where you REALLY get a course to yourself.
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Bwahaha $300!?
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

I bet it fills up.
        '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
        - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

I bet it fills up too.
          -Sean Martin
          2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

I bet it would fill up at $500 per car... still doesn't make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston
              I bet it would fill up at $500 per car... still doesn't make it right.
              Which was my original point. $200 a month I can be a member of Eagle's Canyon and go run till I'm tired.
              Brian Hanchey
              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
                Which was my original point. $200 a month I can be a member of Eagle's Canyon and go run till I'm tired.
                That ought to be about 20 yards. Why not drive

Comment

Originally posted by hancheyb
                  Not sure if you've done much, but for me, the fun of lapping fades quickly...

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by bfitz
                    Not sure if you've done much, but for me, the fun of lapping fades quickly... Brian
                    Ditto.

Comment

Judging by all the posts advertising this practice on various lists, I am betting he is having trouble filling the event. I wonder how many folks aren't going after driving their last year? HPT blows.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotoddie
                        I wonder how many folks aren't going after driving their last year? HPT blows.
                        ... but... but... you are picked to win CP... you have to go

Comment

Originally posted by bfitz
                          Not sure if you've done much, but for me, the fun of lapping fades quickly...

Brian
                          I'd pay $50 for just one 20 minute session, that's about all I need. After awhile, it gets a little hypnotic. Plus the concern over brakes boiling, tires getting hot, hot oil temps, etc after a few 20 minute sessions.... but 20 minutes, man, I wish they'd sub-lease them out and you could purchase a single session.
                          Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
                          Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

from corner-carvers: http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums...ad.php?t=35363
                            If you are looking for some great seat time on the HPT surface for practice for the Solo Nationals, check out this event. Contact me or Guy (preferably) ASAP. He is only at about 18 entries and is in danger of the event not being viable
                            looks like Todd called it...
                            Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Working...
                            X