Special Pricing for LSC BMWCCA's April 10-11 DE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Pricing for LSC BMWCCA's April 10-11 DE

The Lone Star Chapter BMW CCA is proud to announce the annual Spring DE (Driving Event) and Club Race at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, TX. The event will once again be sponsored by Classic BMW of Plano. The dates are April 10-11. The plan (pending some safety related concerns for corner workers) is to run the 1.7 mile course CLOCKWISE (which is opposite of normal).

Since there are some things the track needs to do for safety related to corner workers, we could have to revert back to the traditional counter clockwise course.Registration will be opening on Monday, February 15 on motorsportreg.com.

Pricing will be $325, however we will have a Vorshlag discount of $50 off, so the entry will be $275 is you sign up using the code "Vorshlag" at the following link:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...EDF6DD1634D6E5

Matt @ Vorshlag Motorsports

Re: Special Pricing for LSC BMWCCA's April 10-11 DE

Amy entered today's HPDE event at MSR Cresson, I went out to support / chauffeur her around (I was her pit bunny), and we just got back. Great weather (once the sun finally came out) and it was neat seeing MSR 1.7 run backwards (clockwise). Lots of pics in the gallery below:

Picture Gallery

Here's my favorites:

Aaron from OKC brought this little 325i down - I loved this car!

Nick driving Steve Hodges car with blown rear Bilstein shocks. Amy was pressuring him

With KenO's tutelage, Amy was quick in blue group

We did a lot of little work to her M3 last week to get the car ready. This thing has been mostly ignored the past 2 years, ever since she quit autocrossing it regularly. It was nice seeing the car cleaned up, stickered up, all the fluids changed, a new harness bolted in, a new front lip bolted on, and the 18x10s and 265 Yokohamas mounted up. I'll update her STU thread on the VoMo forum with more work we knocked out. She had a blast passing all manner of Blue Group cars - Porsche, BMW, you name it, they fell to the power of the mighty S52. Driven by a girl. Yea, maybe she should have been in white group, but she had less traffic to deal with in Blue. A lot less... White group was crowded and had a few squirrels in cars much to fast to be in a DE to contend with.

Team Operation's 24 hours of Lemons E30 had some trouble when Bob M lost the water pump. And I mean the car literally LOST the water pump.... and pulley, and fan. IT FELL OFF! They managed to find it, it was all completely intact, the radiator didn't get a scratch, and at days' end they had it bolted back in place!!! And yes, that's a life sized reproduction of the guy from the Operation game, complete with bar-b-q tongs, items to remove, a red buzzer nose and car alarm penalty for touching the sides. I suggested an electric shock instead - Greg loved the idea. This car definitely provided the humor for the day!

This car started life as a 318is, but some things fell off so its now just a 317

There was an epic battle for the lead in the club race between Nerces and Bruce, with them running several turns two wide like this (below). After Bruce's cool suit ice chest exploded water and ice over the back end of his car (and all over Greg S's GTS2 car following in 3rd!) Bruce had a loss of rear traction, a quick spin, then got back into action. Nerces built a nice gap while all that was going on, but Bruce kept the gap steady behind Nerces for the rest of the race on Saturday, to place 2nd overall. It was a race show to watch, with all sorts of passing deep into the field.

Dave B had a blast in Goldmember, once he bolted his rear shock back on and adjusted his shocks after session 1 in white. Some track time on the 285 R1s and new S50 motor + chip made for some quick times and he was all smiles once everything was bolted in place.

That's all I have. We're not gonna be there Sunday, as we're running the 330Ci at an SCCA autocross instead (that was re-scheduled onto the same date as day 2 - doh!). Too bad, as the weather looks to be just as nice tomorrow.

We got there early enough to get a perfect parking spot for the long VoMo trailer, for once

Great job with the event, guys; big thanks to Steve Hodges, Mark Williams, and the entire DE board from the Lone Star Chapter of the BMWCCA. See you guys at the June and October events! Let me tell you one thing - driving in a track event sure beats watching a track event. Amy owes me big.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Fair!; 04-10-2010, 09:10 PM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
    X