New Vorshlag website / forum / picture gallery look

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vorshlag website / forum / picture gallery look

So we had the same look on the Vorshlag website since 2007, but it was updated this summer (2010), and the same web guru has updated our Smugmug photo gallery and now the forum as well.

The old layouts were a mish-mash of differing designs from various time periods, but now its all integrated and has a consistent look. And you can pass between these three distinctrly different portals and it looks the same + your shopping cart session is not interrupted. There was some complicated coding updates and improvements that help us on the back end as well. Lots of broken links and spelling errors were fixed and all new buttons, fonts, and titles were added.

We're pretty happy with the updates ourselves, but let us know what you think... (and here come the haters) If you have constructive criticism please let us know.

The forum is still getting tweaked... there was some weird spacing and formatting issues we noticed on some browsers but that's mostly been fixed this week. The text size is a tick smaller - is that an issue for you? There are newer versions of vBulletin (forum software) but I think the v3.8+ "improvements" are sometimes more trouble than they are worth.

There's a few more features coming shortly, like an updated blog (old one is long gone), which we'll post up about when they go live. Don't forget there's already a Vorshlag Facebook and Twitter sites. Our YouTube channel is a mess... that's going to get some attention soon, too.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Fair!; 11-11-2010, 06:03 PM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Re: New Vorshlag website / forum / picture gallery look

I like it! Very clean!
    99 AW M3

Comment

Agreed...clean, sharp, uncluttered...looks 'pro'!

Costas
      cars and such...

Comment

The font is difficult to read on the I-phone... but other than that, much better!

Comment

Originally posted by John in Houston View Post
          The font is difficult to read on the I-phone... but other than that, much better!
          Well, if you had an iPhone 4 with the Retina Display it would have 4x the resolution...

Comment

Originally posted by Fair! View Post
            Well, if you had an iPhone 4 with the Retina Display it would have 4x the resolution...
            Yeah, yeah... if you had a 4 year old, you'd have an IPhone 3... and be happy

Comment

I like both the new format and love the font on my computer and my blackberry
              McCall

Comment

Two new updates that we have been working on for a bit on the Vorshlag website have now been implemented:
                • The all new Vorshlag Blog is operational. We use this to talk about new products, race events, testing, or build thread updates. Many of you read all about our exploits on this (or other) forum, but now people can see all of this right inside the main Vorshlag website, and even right on the front page under "News".
                • Abbreviated versions (with links for more) of new blog entries are automatically posted to the Vorshlag facebook page, Vorshlag Twitter feed, and the News section on the front page of the Vorshlag website.

Big props to our web guru Ken Y for making all of this work!

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                X