Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So why do you tow ?

Simple question I guess.

And provided cost was not an issue...would you ever go BACK to a regular tire trailer and changing wheels at the track ? Does towing save you a ton of time or is it the convenience of not having to change tires in 110 heat index days at Mineral Wells ?

If you didn't go beyond the DFW or perhaps Houston/BCS area - would you still tow ?
    Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
    Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Re: So why do you tow ?

How the hell do you take a golf cart with you if you don't tow? You don't think I'm going to actually WALK to the drivers meeting do you???

Really, I tow to autocrosses infrequently, but its nice to know I've got a ride home if my 15 year old car up and dies. For roadracing and instructing, it's a no-brainer.

Costas
    cars and such...

Comment

Re: So why do you tow ?

We've been towing to events for almost a year now, and you are right - the convenience of just loading/unloading a trailer is a lot easier than schlepping the tires out of the car/tire trailer, jacking up, changing wheels/camber/shocks/tow, and doing it twice in one day and esp. during the heat. We are still just delaying that work, pushing that hassle to the day before and after the event, but it keeps it from being one big hellish day.

When Hanchey comes with us in his car its easier to still just two one car and haul his wheels/stuff in the truck and change one set of wheels/tires... two car trailers are a whole new level of cost/truck.

We also bring a lot of "stuff" to events that was getting hard to cram into even two tire trailers/cars. The cars we were racing were also getting a bit "harsh" to drive 4 hours in a day (to/from Mineral Wells) and the tire trailers are harder to load than a truck bed. More room to haul, more room for peeps to stretch out (4 people, not a problem), and we're less likely to have a truck/trailer issue than a 120K mile used M3 car issue on longer trips.
      Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
      2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
      EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

Working...
      X