X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please vote for me. GRM UTCC

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2579608

Please vote for me.

Last day to enter is tomorrow (the 31st).

Dammit, I said please!!!

Costas
    cars and such...

Re: Please vote for me. GRM UTCC

What have you been up to Mr. Costas??? First the latest B4C acquisition in record time, now this???

How do we vote for ya? EDIT: OK, figured it out. Zero stars is best, right?

I sure wish Teucci would enter the white LS1 car... hell, I wish we had an LS1 car far enough along to enter this year, but it just isn't going to happen by July 29th.
    Last edited by Fair!; 05-31-2007, 07:42 AM.
    Terry Fair - www.vorshlag.com
    2018 GT / S550 Dev + 2013 FR-S / 86 Dev + 2011 GT / S197 Dev + C4 Corvette Dev
    EVO X Dev + 2007 Z06 / C6 Dev + BMW E46 Dev + C5 Corvette Dev

Comment

He had to buy the B4C to feed it to this car...it actually runs not on fuel but on the souls of lesser cars
      Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Voted, but I'm not happy that somebody else took the login "Redwood".
        -Sean Martin
        2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

At least now you know what the DASH2 is for...

heh heh heh

Bored? Story and pics here:

http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/ch42.htm

Body was painted 2 coats yesterday, gets final coat today. Will assemble this weekend and take new pics..

Black. Will do yellow accents. I know you're shocked.

Costas
          Duramax
          B4C x 2
          ITA Monza
          GT1 Camaro (legal for CP....hmmmmm)

Comment

I still don't understand what this car is for. Fun? Road racing? Braggin' rights?
            Brian Hanchey
            AST Suspension - USA

Comment

It is for a lot of things.

Really, ever since building cars WAY back I hate the compromise a production car has. It is NOT a race car...it is a 'car that is raced' because at the end of the day you are racing a vehicle designed for someone to go drop off junior at the pool in. There are limitation and weaknesses that you always fight. I could go on a FairRant(tm) about it, but hopefully you understand.

My first real race car was a Lola S2000. You could run the dogpiss outta that car and you would tire out long before it would. No clutch shifting, plenty of cooling for everything and you could just flog and flog it. The body popped off and it was pretty simple to work on. Going back to production based vehicles became more frustrating. I've always wanted a tubeframe car and amassed a few sets of the old DeKon IMSA monza bodywork and was going to build one. Then this thing came up for sale and I got it very cheap. I love the 4th gen lt1 Trans-Am body (too SECKSAY!!!) and the same type of chassis has won the 24hr daytona and T/A races (and plenty of gt1 of course). Sold the monza bodywork and am focusing on this. Likely going to sell my ITA car also and just end up with this thing for my serious track toy. Runs avgas and I have a good source for barely-used takeoffs. Koenig built a long-lasting endurance motor and the jerico and detroit locker should be bullitproof.

What's it for? To have fun with. Run SCCA Gt1, run top-rung NASA, have at the track to play with when I instruct at DEs (free track time). I can run CP with it. I want to take it out and run unlimited in some open road racing events. I'd also like to take it to the salt and join the 200 club. As far as braggin-rights...well...this should be one of the bigger dogs on the track. For the lap times I throw down in terms of seconds per dollar, it will be an incredible value.

Costas
              2100 pounds....650hp.

Comment

Cool. Does it need shocks and big stickers?
                Brian Hanchey
                AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Actually yes.

It has carrera non-adjustables right now and I'll use those to get the car up and going but then Neil says I'll need to go to doubles to really get speed out of the car. He can likely get me damping rates to start off with...can ya'll build me some c/o shocks?

Ya never know...could be a badazz black GT1 Camaro on the cover of GRM with some VOMO stickers on it...

Costas

Regardless, if invited and I can make it I'll be running some kind of VOMO stickers anyway.....already have them in the layout.

Comment

You tell us lengths, opened and closed (extended/compressed), we make shocks.
                    Brian Hanchey
                    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Good to hear!

Costas

Comment

Scratcher has been accepted to the GRM UTCC.

I've not seen the tube-frame DTM M3/5 car....did it get in?

Costas

Comment

http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/1.JPG

http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/2.JPG

Test: http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/ch81.htm

Should have the main writeup done tonite or tomorrow.

During the VIR test (Thursday at lunch) for the full course I pulled some
                          acceleration data from the DL1 and found the car needs 5.1 seconds to go
                          from 60mph to 120 mph. As a comparison, the C6 Z06 (a mid-11 second car)
                          needs 7.4 seconds to go from 60-120. If we started at the same time at 60mph,
                          by the time the Z06 was at 120, I'd be passing through 139mph and less than
                          a tenth away from hitting 140.

As you drop the hammer from 2nd or 3rd gear pretty much everything gets blurry
                          except whatever you are specifically focused on. Takes a while to get used to that.

And this is with no tune, just conservative timing and a little rich. I'll get it on the
                          dyno and get it tuned right and hopefully find more power.

It was mostly a dream to drive. I'm writing the long event story now. When the
                          car is more sorted, I'll bet it will be even more phenominal. We need to change up
                          some things and she'll be down for a while, but it will all be for the much much better!

Costas
                          cars and such...

Comment

http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/wdnews.htm

There are chapters leading up to the test also if you want some background on what was done recently.

Costas
                            cars and such...

Comment

Originally posted by Shortcutsleeping
                              http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/wdnews.htm

There are chapters leading up to the test also if you want some background on what was done recently.

Costas
                              cars and such...
                              Enjoyed the read Paul. When will the latest chapter (83) link work? I want to see the results.
                              '11 Mustang GT / '95 Frankenpreza

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."
                              - Dr. Clarkson

Comment

Working...
                              X