Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Jamboree in Llano

Hey fellers,

So I thought y'all might be interested in what I did in the Jeep two weeks ago. Okay, well, maybe most of y'all won't care, but I bet Jason would like it!

Jeep Jamboree USA hosted an event at Inks Ranch in Llano two weeks ago. We went and camped out there and had a blast! It was two days of wheelin' and it was some pretty intimidating terrain. In particular, we did a trail called "Moab" on day two that in some cases scared the bajeezus out of me! I was never so truly concerned/scared that I was going to roll the Jeep. And not just onto its side, but potentially all the way down a mountain a few hundred feet!! It was an awesome time and I'll be back in March for the next event for sure!

Here's some pics....

Tons more pics here under the "Jeep Jamboree" heading...
    http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/16655

Tommy
    2001 Jeep Wrangler
    2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
    Front LCA Bushing Swap
    E36 Custom Cat Back
    M3 Limited Slip Diff Repair
    Diff Swap

Re: Jeep Jamboree in Llano

Cool. Deena's mom and stepdad got a used '91. It obviously was set up for offroading. It also has black wheels and tires like the ones pictured. We were driving it around yesterday and saw another guy in a Jeep and he waved. There's obviously a camaraderie amongst Jeep Wrangler owners.
    -Sean Martin
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Comment

Yeah, all Jeep owners wave to one another. Geeky, yeah, but the comradry is pretty cool nonetheless.

T
      2001 Jeep Wrangler
      2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
      Front LCA Bushing Swap
      E36 Custom Cat Back
      Diff Swap

Comment

Looks fun - you got a super hi-res of the last picture - would make a great desktop background in Vista It looks like one already actually....
        Toth: "I would sue Duck, but I don't know what I would do with 3 pennies and a hoopty GTO."
        Me: "I never finish anyth..."

Comment

Awesome pics! Where's Llano at? I'd love to check it out sometime.
          McCall

Comment

Yeah, Dean, I do. Actually, it's downloadable through the link I provided. It's in the "David's Pics" folder near the end.

Llano is about 65 miles from my driveway! The bad part is this particular ranch is only open twice a year....each for Jeep Jamborees, which are very expensive ($265/person). Nonetheless, it was so cool that I'll be doing it again next year.

Tommy
            2001 Jeep Wrangler
            2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins

BMW E36 DIY's:
            Front LCA Bushing Swap
            E36 Custom Cat Back
            Diff Swap

Comment

Working...
            X