New adventures in road racing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New adventures in road racing

Its been a while since I've been active on the forum, but thought I would stop in again. I've spent the last year or so building up a new road race car after selling the 240z. Some may know I bought a B4C from Soup and then converted it to run the Camaro / Mustang Challenge class with the NASA club.

Well, the car is finally done and we ran the first race last month. I can't believe how good it did right out of the box. On Saturday we qualified first, then ran 2nd in the first 20 minute race, then they inverted the field, and we ended up 3rd in the second race. Sunday we started 2nd, then ended up 2nd in a 40 minute race. It was supposed to be a debug weekend but the car worked so good I got scared to change it around too much. We also ran the 2.9 mile TWS course clockwise, which was new for me. An incar video is at www.rcubedmotorsport.no-ip.com/media.htm if you have not seen it run that way.

We are going to be out at MSR-H June 23 and 24 running again. I think we found some more power in tuning and I have also done a few tweaks to dial the suspension in better. If anyone is in the area and wants to check it out, stop by and say hello. A picture of the car is also at that web address.
    Jeff

Re: New adventures in road racing

Originally posted by Wirtz
    Its been a while since I've been active on the forum, but thought I would stop in again. I've spent the last year or so building up a new road race car after selling the 240z. Some may know I bought a B4C from Soup and then converted it to run the Camaro / Mustang Challenge class with the NASA club.

Well, the car is finally done and we ran the first race last month. I can't believe how good it did right out of the box. On Saturday we qualified first, then ran 2nd in the first 20 minute race, then they inverted the field, and we ended up 3rd in the second race. Sunday we started 2nd, then ended up 2nd in a 40 minute race. It was supposed to be a debug weekend but the car worked so good I got scared to change it around too much. We also ran the 2.9 mile TWS course clockwise, which was new for me. An incar video is at www.rcubedmotorsport.no-ip.com/media.htm if you have not seen it run that way.

We are going to be out at MSR-H June 23 and 24 running again. I think we found some more power in tuning and I have also done a few tweaks to dial the suspension in better. If anyone is in the area and wants to check it out, stop by and say hello. A picture of the car is also at that web address.
    Jeff
    Link didn't work for me. What are the rules on shocks?
    Brian Hanchey
    AST Suspension - USA

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats on getting the car done and up in to the front running!!

Comment

http://www.rcubedmotorsports.no-ip.com/media.htm worked for me. Looks great Jeff, congrats.
        Teucci has a good point about trannies - Tommy

Comment

Thanks for confirming the link. The "server" is a notebook in my house, so it can be sort of flaky at times for this stuff.

For the shock rules:
          8.36.6. Any non-remote reservoir shock absorbers, of any origin, that are available to the public for less than $700 a pair may be used provided they attach to the OEM stock unmodified mounting points and do not alter the stock geometry.

I've heard the trick is getting good rear shocks for these cars. Doing some research on the options now. Currently the fronts are single Koni's and rears are double Konis. All of them probably need a rebuild...

Jeff
          The shock rules have a dollar limit, $700 for the pair I think. I'll need to confirm the wording.

Comment

Just watched the vid. Looked good!!!

B4C FTW!

Comment

The issue is there's not a "s" in motorsports. Otherwise it works fine.
              Brian Hanchey
              AST Suspension - USA

Comment

Working...
              X